Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I am planning a 2 week road trip from Washington to Wyoming. I have extensive experience with Oregon, Utah, California, Arizona and Washington but first trip to Wyoming. Can someone give me a top 5 list of roads or scenic byways to see? I am aware of the Grand Tetons and have drove thru there a while ago. Want more off road or remote areas. Thanks in advance for any help. Will be in the Earthcruiser so can't be single track but certainly don't need many or any amenities close. Brent W7BR

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

I am planning a 2 week road trip from Washington to Wyoming. I have extensive experience with Oregon, Utah, California, Arizona and Washington but first trip to Wyoming. Can someone give me a top 5 list of roads or scenic byways to see? I am aware of the Grand Tetons and have drove thru there a while ago. Want more off road or remote areas. Thanks in advance for any help. Will be in the Earthcruiser so can't be single track but certainly don't need many or any amenities close. Brent W7BR
Beartooth Highway and Chief Joseph Highway outside of Cody are must see. They're both designated National Scenic Byways. I've never camped off Chief Joseph, but camping off Beartooth is great. I wouldn't take an Earthcruiser down to Fantan Lake,
FYI. Screenshot_20200515-174757_Gaia GPS.jpgYou can also drop down into Montana from Beartooth Pass and camp here. Screenshot_20200515-174816_Gaia GPS.jpg
Overview: Screenshot_20200515-175034_Gaia GPS.jpg

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Beartooth Highway and Chief Joseph Highway outside of Cody are must see. They're both designated National Scenic Byways. I've never camped off Chief Joseph, but camping off Beartooth is great. I wouldn't take an Earthcruiser down to Fantan Lake,
FYI. View attachment 154034You can also drop down into Montana from Beartooth Pass and camp here. View attachment 154035
Overview: View attachment 154036
Thank you so much, on the wouldn't take the earthcruiser to the lake, is it narrow or off center or what? You might be surprised where I have taken it lol. Thanks again.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Brent, I could probably offer a few suggestions for scenic FS roads near the Tetons where I live that you may've missed last time you were here.

Grassy Lake, Brooks Lake, Gros Ventre, Curtis Canyon, Greys River, Granite Creek, any of the lakes North of Pinedale in the Winds. A little further East, I'd recommend Sinks Canyon near Lander or Vedauwoo near Laramie.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Brent, I could probably offer a few suggestions for scenic FS roads near the Tetons where I live that you may've missed last time you were here.

Grassy Lake, Brooks Lake, Gros Ventre, Curtis Canyon, Greys River, Granite Creek, any of the lakes North of Pinedale in the Winds. A little further East, I'd recommend Sinks Canyon near Lander or Vedauwoo near Laramie.
Thanks for the suggestions and also the sub on Youtube. On this trip going to look for some content for the channel.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
100% on what Dana said. I used to live in the same area he does, except south of Jackson down in Star Valley. I don't have the route in the memory bank right off hand, but you can drive from the Pinedale area down to I-80 on all FS roads. I did it a couple of times and would always find something new or interesting. I MIGHT have the route stashed somewhere and will shoot it to you if I can find it. If not, you can easily piece it together from FS MVUM Bridger-Teton online maps. The roads were generally good, but if you try it before about mid-July, you might hit some mud, washouts or downed trees, so bring a chainsaw as the FS might not have gotten around to checking them all yet and making repairs. If the winter was fairly mild, then most of the snow should be gone with the exception of a couple of the higher passes, which still shouldn't be too difficult.

Depending on what we end up actually being able to do next spring, ie: being able to go to Baja or not (COVID dependent), going back to and through WyHoming is one of my alternate plans after Expo and Death Valley. MAN, I miss living up there....