WY or CO camp for week while working remotely

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Huelsman
So the wife has a week coming up soon to where she can work remotely, they call it “exploration week” and Im able to work remotely any time, so trying to figure out where we can go dispersed camping, take our two dogs, work remotely during the week and explore on the weekends or evenings. I installed a cell signal booster that we can use for internet & phone just need to find a place with at least some signal and don’t want to me in a formal campground.

Any ideas? We live in Denver, so anything within 6-8hrs would work. Never been to WY which is why I suggested it.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Any ideas? We live in Denver, so anything within 6-8hrs would work. Never been to WY which is why I suggested it.
Do either of you need full time data service or will say 2 hours in the morning and evening do?
If so then I'd recommend:
  • Snowy Range West of Centenial Wy, Lots of good spots for boone docking along 130. The Beartree Tavern & Cafe has a sun deck out back one corner of which had the best data / voice speeds in town (for AT&T, Verizon had better coverage), Food was good too. The Trading Post saloon across the street had the best Shrimp and Grits. (beats any of the Creole places I've been in Colorado!) I think one or both offered wifi when I was up last summer.
  • Bridger-Teton National Forest - Lots of camping to be had between Dubois Wy and Jackson Wy. Drop into either during the day and you can find a cafe to work from.
  • Glendo State Park - Some of the camp grounds offer wifi, Also generally good cell coverage. Beach camping experience. I generally like the NE fork (say around here 42.561785, -104.970401) to get away from most folks. service is a lot worse up there though.
  • Ayres Natural Bridge Park Sw of Douglass Wy. check it out for a nice relaxing place for a night or 2 It's mostly a picnic day use park but offers 5-6 camp spots. I don't remember how the cell service was (you can call them at 307-358-3532 More details Ayres Natural Bridge) only a few mins to Douglass Wy to work but they close the road between 8PM and 8AM so might be a non starter for you depending on work schedules.
At the 8 hour mark you are up to Yellowstone NP, the SD Badlands, & Capitol Reef NP.

Boort