Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

Hello all,

I generally am here to read and learn, so I rarely post but I’m looking for some help and not sure where else to turn.

I have a 200 series and just picked up a fridge slide that I want to install. I am looking for someone to cut a piece of plywood that’s the shape of the rear cargo floor so that I can mount this slide to. I am not sure if I want to go the drawer route yet so this will give me a chance to check out my options.

I am located in Marysville, WA so anyone in North King County, Snohomish county or Skagit County I would be able to drive to.
If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it. I also am aware that Goose Gear makes something similar but I wouldn’t utilize it enough to justify the $900 price tag.

I posted this over on Expedition Portal as well if any of you see a similar posting

Thank you for reading and any potential advice.

Tom

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
HF has a jig saw for $30...wouldnt take too much time and driving to add up to $30 worth of time/gas and youd have it for other projects down the road.

walmart has one for $20...

1649038232395.png

Last edited:

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
It doesn't sound like you are interested in driving as far as southwestern Idaho, but if you are willing then send me a PM. I could help.

Reactions: grubworm

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

It doesn't sound like you are interested in driving as far as southwestern Idaho, but if you are willing then send me a PM. I could help.
I’m not opposed to driving farther distances, the issue is that on 14APR we’re driving to Montana for our honeymoon and the guy I had lined up to do this bailed on me. So now I am juggling my options and probably just going to wait and do this when we get back if I can’t get something lined up soon.

I’ll keep you in mind though.

Thank you

Reactions: Anak and Ubiety

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I’m not opposed to driving farther distances, the issue is that on 14APR we’re driving to Montana for our honeymoon and the guy I had lined up to do this bailed on me. So now I am juggling my options and probably just going to wait and do this when we get back if I can’t get something lined up soon.

Thank you
Congratulations on going to Montana and the honeymoon! Not necessarily in that order but Montana is pretty awesome! Hahahaha
Where are you going in MT?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
  • Haha
Reactions: grubworm

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello all,

I generally am here to read and learn, so I rarely post but I’m looking for some help and not sure where else to turn.

I have a 200 series and just picked up a fridge slide that I want to install. I am looking for someone to cut a piece of plywood that’s the shape of the rear cargo floor so that I can mount this slide to. I am not sure if I want to go the drawer route yet so this will give me a chance to check out my options.

I am located in Marysville, WA so anyone in North King County, Snohomish county or Skagit County I would be able to drive to.
If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it. I also am aware that Goose Gear makes something similar but I wouldn’t utilize it enough to justify the $900 price tag.

I posted this over on Expedition Portal as well if any of you see a similar posting

Tom
Tom, did you manage to find anyone to help out yet? We have been out of town this past week so missed your post, but are home now and would be happy to have you come over and use any of our tools for your project, have a great selection of woodworking tools and should not be to hard to cut out what you need. In the middle of a rig build so we have plenty of cardboard laying around for templates if needed. Not too far from you out on Camano Island. We would be available anytime this Sunday, or any evening this week or next.

Reactions: Ubiety

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

Thank you
Congratulations on going to Montana and the honeymoon! Not necessarily in that order but Montana is pretty awesome! Hahahaha
Where are you going in MT?

Thank you! We’re going to a place called Triple Creek Ranch in Darby. I love Montana but every time I’ve been there it’s been to fire Wildfire so it will be nice to be able to enjoy it.

Triplecreekranch.com

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

Hello all,

Tom
Tom, did you manage to find anyone to help out yet? We have been out of town this past week so missed your post, but are home now and would be happy to have you come over and use any of our tools for your project, have a great selection of woodworking tools and should not be to hard to cut out what you need. In the middle of a rig build so we have plenty of cardboard laying around for templates if needed. Not too far from you out on Camano Island. We would be available anytime this Sunday, or any evening this week or next.
I sent you a PM but figured I’d cover all bases and respond here. Since my original helper bailed and now I’m in a time crunch, I am going to postpone this project until after we return from Montana. Now that I’ll have time to plan properly I’m thinking of doing this in 80/20 but we will see.

When I originally sent out this request for help I had minimal carpentry knowledge. After watching some YouTube videos and researching how to do this properly it seems it’s not as simple/fast as I originally thought.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thank you! We’re going to a place called Triple Creek Ranch in Darby. I love Montana but every time I’ve been there it’s been to fire Wildfire so it will be nice to be able to enjoy it.

Triplecreekranch.com
Love the Bitterroot valley! The Triple Creek looks pretty nice! Would love to hear about your experience after you return. Looks like a good inducement to get my wife camping in MT ;)
Between Lolo Pass and Lolo is a classic Montana roadhouse - The Jack. Awesome spot to visit whether you imbibe or not.