Wolf Den Run State Park, Maryland

• HTML tutorial

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Information regarding the new State Park near Kitzmiller, MD has now officially been posted. The new park will officially be called Wolf Den Run State Park.

More information can be found on the Maryland DNR website here and on the Maryland OHV Alliance page here.

Please take a few minutes to complete a survey being conducted by the Maryland DNR and make sure they know that there is lots of interest in having full-sized trails be a part of the trail system at the new park.

You can go to the survey here!

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Has anyone run these trails yet?
Not yet. I may be heading out on 8/10. They have 6.5 miles of trails open to full sized vehicles so far. I'll let you know how it is if I get to make it out there.

By the way, if you want to go you will have to make reservations in advance. When I called yesterday, they still had 42 vacancies for 8/10. Check out:

Reactions: Bfay

Bfay

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Fay
FWIW. My brother and our two sons went out to Wolf Run Den Run state park over Labor Day weekend = Awesome. These are brand new trails and they have really done a nice job here. They have 2 more areas to open up. We made a reservation and then ended up going again on Labor Day.

If you stay on the solid line trails you should be oK. But if you go on the dotted line trails (which they were ok with), you need to have another Jeep, lockers, winch and sway release. It will get tight, but it will be fun.

In addition, there is a race track for having even more fun. There were not many jeeps out there, but there were some ATVs and dirt bikes.

I could not be more excited that they opened this up. Highly recommended. I know we will be going out again over the next 30 days. It’s is about 35 min south of McHenry in DCL.