Wiper blades

• HTML tutorial

Spurs14

Rank 0

Contributor II

Uk
I'm lucky , here in the U.K. , run a defender 110 and have used britpart blades , these are cheap , all 3 are same size and the britpart pattern ones can be had for about four dollars each so for that price can change them start of every winter or when needed

Reactions: OuterLimits

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I use SilBlades when I can get them. Work great al year round but especially at lower temperatures. When I can't get those (or can't afford them) I just use the regular Bosch ones. These seem to work well for me, perhaps since they have retained their metal construction and not switched to plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: OuterLimits

OuterLimits

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Macho Grande
Member #

Living in CA, I would just buy whatever was on sale. Chances were the wipers would dry up and go bad from the sun long before they wore out from use.

After relocating to WA state, my old strategy showed its weakness. I tried every wiper I could get my hands on. Most performed poorly. I finally slapped on some ANCO wipers. They wiped cleaner and lasted longer than the rest.

After several decades of ANCO performance, their QC/materials seemed to go downhill. The wiping was mediocre and they just didn't last. This may be due to off shore sourcing/manufacturing.

Moving back to CA, my wiper quest started over. I needed good performance and resilience to sun/heat. (And, We have been getting actual rain the last 2 years).

I tried several brands with disappointing results. I spied the Bosch Icon wipers, but initially rejected them due to high cost. I finally ponied up and paid the premium for Icons. I have not been let down. They wipe clean and hold up to the elements well.

The mounting mechanism is aesthetically clean looking and well built.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dillon

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I use Bosch Icon blades. I easily get 3-4 years from a set of them with just a little care taken in the winter when there's snow frozen to the windshield. I also use RainX de-icing bug wash washer fluid year round as well and that helps some as well I believe.

OuterLimits

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Macho Grande
Member #

I also use RainX de-icing bug wash washer fluid year round as well and that helps some as well I believe.
Good call on the bug wash. I like it more for its ability to cut through the road crud kicked up by other cars during a rain, than bug removal.

Reactions: TerryD

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I have always had great luck with BOSCH. I have tried others, Goodyear, RAIN-X, Michelin but none have cleaned as well or as even as the Bosch blades. Every time I have strayed, I have spent more and regretted it.