Winter Road Trip - Canada West Coast to East Coast

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Clare, Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Today we made it through the first of three mountain passes that we will travel over this trip. It was scary at first, but then I settled into the flow.
The vehicles did great but that highway driving in the winter is something special in terms of dirty….Wow!
Tonight we stay in beautiful Kamloops.
IMG_3428.jpegIMG_3439.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Made it into the mountains today and stopped in Revelstoke, British Columbia for the night. Got to see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train refuelling. Sure would be a sight at night rolling along. Great holiday spirit here.

Watching the Holiday Train Fuel Up

Attachments

SkunkedGorilla

Rank III

Advocate II

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Korczak
Are you making any stops along the way.... some great places along hwy 1 on your route to have a quick explore around. Even if it's just to stretch your legs.

takakkaw falls is close to where you are now. Then around lake Louise there are other great places to explore. Johnsons Canyon, moraine lake.

I live in the general area so if your looking for some interesting places to explore or Camp hit me up in PM

Happy and safe travels

Reactions: Grasshopper's Path

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Had an amazing drive today through the Rocky Mountains, epic views and breathtaking scenery all the way.
Into a new province today, and a new time zone, which means we lost an hour too.
Tonight we are in stunningly beautiful Canmore, Alberta. IMG_3479.jpegIMG_3465.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
We left the mountains this morning in the wind and snow and it carried on like that all the way into Brooks, Alberta, where we stopped for the night. So we went from sheltered mountain highways to nothing but fields around us.

The wind and blowing snow made for an interesting drive.

It's a cool -17c right now. Not much time for smiles and scenery today, so here are a few driving pics.
Dec17.jpeg

Attachments

SkunkedGorilla

Rank III

Advocate II

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Korczak
Reactions: Grasshopper's Path

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Wow! Don't see that everyday.

Safe travels, pretty nasty out this way!
Thanks, looks like a snow storm is heading right to where I am going....so with that in mind and considering some fatigue I am feeling, I think a stop over somewhere for a few days is in order. Wait out the storm and rest up a bit, it seems like a good thing to do, especially as I am not in a hurry and already half way to my destination.

Reactions: SkunkedGorilla

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. :blush:

We waited out the storm and got back on the road yesterday. The roads are slowly clearly up and we could see rain by the end of the week!
I'll take that over -30c. The rain sure would help clean our oh so dirty vehicles....
Tonight we are in a small town in Ontario near the Great Lake Superior. A quiet place with friendly people, but I don't think anyone is making hamburgers tonight...:laughing:
ohhhh, and I got a new hat! It rocks in the cold! IMG_3507.jpeg

Attachments

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
This is a great trip. I really like overlanding in winter and I don't mind the cold. Great photos, thanks for sharing and please keep telling and showing pictures from your trip! Thanks.

Safe travels!
Hey thanks!

I don’t mind the cold either, now experiencing-30c was interesting, and I ALMOST got used to it… lol