Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I vote for here....https://parkmaps.winnipeg.ca
if you search bbq and picnic into the map it'll show...
https://www.travelmanitoba.com/listings/la-barri%c3%a8re-park/6924/
La Barriere park works for me...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/La+Barriere+Park/@49.7183585,-97.1747645,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x52c1de76eb3349bb:0x72b1aa17b1e1faa3!8m2!3d49.7196031!4d-97.172935

I'm sitting outside in the evening breeze right now wishing I could light a fire in my firepit.... had to cook the smokies on the bbq tonight.... rough life I know, lol.

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

La Barriere park works for me...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/La+Barriere+Park/@49.7183585,-97.1747645,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x52c1de76eb3349bb:0x72b1aa17b1e1faa3!8m2!3d49.7196031!4d-97.172935

I'm sitting outside in the evening breeze right now wishing I could light a fire in my firepit.... had to cook the smokies on the bbq tonight.... rough life I know, lol.
Yeah La Barriere Park looks good. I am back on June 2 so anytime after that. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

So La Barriere park. On a Saturday? BYOBBQ. I'd be down with the 23rd.
June 23rd will not work for me. The weekend prior to it may.

June 16,17 are the only available dates I have... with possibly the 10th as well.
EDIT: Then the next available weekend date would be the evening of July 7th.

Were we looking at having this later in the day or for a midday meal kind of thing? I wouldn't mind later in the day and the people that want to hang around the fire a bit more could...

It looks like we'll be getting a pile of rain in the next 3 days so "fingers crossed" the fire ban gets lifted!

Last edited:

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I'd be Ok with the 17th. Late afternoonish. like an early dinner or a late lunch? 4pm?
btw I plan on heading up to St. Ambrosie beach on saturday.
Alright... let's schedule this for the 17th.

Does anyone know if that place fills up... is there going to be an issue getting an availabe firepit?

La Barriere park
18-06-17
4pm
BYO-whatever-you-plan-on-eating-drinking

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
from my "X"perience the park is mostly quiet, and sparsely frequented as it seems like it is fare way outa town. though in reality its not really. if there is a problem finding a fire pit, I suggest a portable BBQ....BYO(MEAT?). there is LOTS of green space and the parking lot is huge....Unfortunately I can't be there as I will be teaching a survival course that weekend, as always plans change with the weather.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

from my "X"perience the park is mostly quiet, and sparsely frequented as it seems like it is fare way outa town. though in reality its not really. if there is a problem finding a fire pit, I suggest a portable BBQ....BYO(MEAT?). there is LOTS of green space and the parking lot is huge....Unfortunately I can't be there as I will be teaching a survival course that weekend, as always plans change with the weather.
Yeah, the 17th (I was just informed) won't work for me either, lol.

So, June 10th or July 7th would be an option for me.... I think.
The rest of the summer is work or vacation.

If anyone wants to have a get-together on ANY other days they of course can throw it out there and have others join up.

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

Yeah, the 17th (I was just informed) won't work for me either, lol.

So, June 10th or July 7th would be an option for me.... I think.
The rest of the summer is work or vacation.

If anyone wants to have a get-together on ANY other days they of course can throw it out there and have others join up.
Nuts none of the dates work, I am gone back road tipping on most dates. I would be up for a day trip backloading soon though. Yeah June 10 I am working and July 7 I am going to try and figure out a backroad way into Little Limestone Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

The 9th won't work for me,sorry.

I will be at La Barriere park on the 10th around 1400 hrs.
I'll be bringing my family (wife and 2 preteen girls) and we'll likely spend some time tossing the ball around, etc.
Then we'll have a fire and roast some dogs.
Come visit if you want/can.

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
The 9th won't work for me,sorry.

I will be at La Barriere park on the 10th around 1400 hrs.
I'll be bringing my family (wife and 2 preteen girls) and we'll likely spend some time tossing the ball around, etc.
Then we'll have a fire and roast some dogs.
Come visit if you want/can.
I work until 5pm...if you feel that you will still be there, I'll show up around 6ish with my wife and dog.

Reactions: Winterpeg

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
no, you have bring your own. there is a place just off of mission st. where they sell good wood for $5/bag...the same stuff you'd buy at the 7/11 for almost twice that. they are only open till 5 on weekdays though.

Reactions: Winterpeg

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Hi everyone !

So I am newish to Winnipeg and to overlanding but would love to meet some like minded folks out here. I am not sure if there is a meeting or general get together night ....... but again I would love to meet some of you guys. My Wife and I just got a new 2018 Tacoma offroad (had a 03 Rubicon prior to that) so we are excited to have space !! and well space !!

anyways hope to meet up soon can't wait to hit some trails and do some camping !

Cheers