Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
F Y I The following is a site to buy window roller replacements for the Land Rover Discovery 2, and possible more Land Rovers.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

You really want THIS[emoji482]
I have looked everywhere for a hopeful replacement. Every thing I've seen for a fix you had to buy the whole mechanism @ over $100 per window + shipping. I don't know which roller is easier to install, yours or mine but I already ordered mine, at least now there is a choice . Thank you, now do you know where I can get A & B exterior window pillar trim cheaply ?

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

I have looked everywhere for a hopeful replacement. Every thing I've seen for a fix you had to buy the whole mechanism @ over $100 per window + shipping. I don't know which roller is easier to install, yours or mine but I already ordered mine, at least now there is a choice . Thank you, now do you know where I can get A & B exterior window pillar trim cheaply ?
Wrecker? I've been searching for them too

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
All window/door seals are destroyed because I use my disco and things don't last forever [emoji23][emoji482][emoji482]
That's what they are for. I'm just getting started on my repairs and build. I didn't buy a worn out LRD2, it has 101,000 as was a one owner. It has the typical worn out parts like the hood pull release which I fixed. It will need a brake job before too long but they are adequate for now. The shift lever electronic needs something but I just manually push the button to get it out of park (probably a fuse) That is the least of what I need fixed. Sometime my driver window will go up and sometime it doesn't but the passenger side will not go up and at least one of the rear windows needs roller replacement. I need an off road front bumper because of my tire size, or trim the valance enough to get good clearance. I bought the tires, a 2" spring lift done , 1' wheel spacers done, and looking to buy side armor a little later. I have good ground clearance and I'm not going rock crawling so I should be good as long as I'm careful. My health has kept me from using it yet but hopefully the late fall and winter I will be able to get out some.

Reactions: EXPO_D1

TheOcho8

Rank I

Contributor III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Mailloux
I just did my drivers side. Look on eBay. I got a genuine Brit part for $42. Also YouTube has some good videos on how to do it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My mistake it was amazon. Look up Land Rover Discovery 2 window regulator. Lucky8 parts has it on amazon for $39. If you have prime you get free shipping.
Thank you for that info. I just ordered a left and right front window regulators for my LRD2. The last time I checked with lucky8 they were $45 each and shipping was another $50 each. Thanks to Amazon this was a terrific buy.