Windorck Park End of November....Good Idea or Bad Idea???

• HTML tutorial

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
So a buddy and I were thinking of planning a trip up to Windrock Park the week before last of November 11/21 -11/24. Were coming up from Florida Wednesday night and prob crash somewhere off the interstate in a truck stop so we can wash our mufflers in the AM :tearsofjoy:and continue up to Windorck Thursday. We're gona wheel Friday and Saturday and then head straight back Sunday. What's the weather like around that time in the Windrock Area? Is it too cold to camp. We got Buddy Heaters and have cold camped a few times before. Wasn't sure if its something crazy like in the 20's to be inside of a tent. Not sure if anyone else would maybe be interested in joining us for those few days but I definitely would appreciate any feedback from anyone in the area or that has been to Windrock.

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I just went to Windrock for the first time this past weekend and it was a good time. Made it 95% of the way down trail 22 before having to turn around due to a curved section I didn't have near enough clearance for. I was in an almost stock Tacoma TRD OR with only some Cooper ST MAXXs throw on it.

As for being cold.. who knows. Could be a low of 35 or could be a low of 15 and throw in a potential down pour or two if it's above freezing. Never camped at Windrock but they are suppose to have some nice camp sites next to entrance. If you want to crash at a truck stop you can stop at Watt Rd exit that is prob 3-4 miles on I-75 before you take the exit to Oak Ridge / Windrock.

Attachments

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Be ready for anything this time of year. The good news is you have options nearby if the weather turns to garbage.

I’m going to be down there this weekend. I have my tent but it looks like it‘s going to be below freezing so who knows where I’ll end up.