Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Windbreakers are an outdoor item that has just about disappeared in recent years. Good ones are hard to come by, but their usefulness hasn't been replaced with fleece and down. Sometimes you just need something to tame the chill in the air, or to keep "the hawk" from kickin arse. Well here are 2 good candidates for just those situations. First up, a backpacker favorite, the Marmot DriClime Wind Shirt. It really does stop the wind and has a micro fleece lining. At 15oz it really is a performance leader. When hiking it's all you need down into the 40's, and lower with a long sleeve insulating layer underneath. Its shortfall is that it is only water resistant. Costs around $90.
Marmot DriClime.jpg

Second up is the LL Bean Gore WindStopper Jacket. It weighs in at 1lb 2oz. It is not only windproof but waterproof as well. Unlike the Marmot it breathes much better, but not as warm. It functions into the 50's but will keep you drier. Costs $99 but sells out each season. Built to last for years.
LL Bean Windstopper.jpg

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

2879_2b.jpg
Hope you don't mind adding to your list, don't want to step on anyone's thread.

Bein a rider there is an option that serves many areas of outdoors activities, here's an option.

A lightweight, thin and versatile garment that’s a perfect layering component in mixed weather, especially as a pullover shirt for cool mornings or evenings. Folds/packs compactly into a self-storing pocket so you’ll have it along when the weather changes and as you need added protection. Made of GORE-TEX® WINDSTOPPER® fabric that stops, as you would imagine, all wind from drawing your body heat away. Elbows incorporate light padding and a zippered pocket on the left arm is perfect for a phone or iPod. A handy and practical clothing item alone or worn over fleece or electrics and beneath your outer gear. Looser cut facilitates easy on/off. Blue, Tan, Olive Green or Black. M–XXL.
Made in USA

Reactions: Biker Eagle

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 90505
Hope you don't mind adding to your list, don't want to step on anyone's thread.

Bein a rider there is an option that serves many areas of outdoors activities, here's an option.

A lightweight, thin and versatile garment that’s a perfect layering component in mixed weather, especially as a pullover shirt for cool mornings or evenings. Folds/packs compactly into a self-storing pocket so you’ll have it along when the weather changes and as you need added protection. Made of GORE-TEX[emoji768] WINDSTOPPER[emoji768] fabric that stops, as you would imagine, all wind from drawing your body heat away. Elbows incorporate light padding and a zippered pocket on the left arm is perfect for a phone or iPod. A handy and practical clothing item alone or worn over fleece or electrics and beneath your outer gear. Looser cut facilitates easy on/off. Blue, Tan, Olive Green or Black. M–XXL.
Made in USA
I have a MALCOM SMITH....MSR, version (pull-over) that is good into the 50's. It also is not waterproof, only resistant. Bought thru Rocky Min ATV, it is very packable as a layered clothing item. The MSR logo could be confused with MSR (A out door company) but is not related. I have some backpacking fuel bottles of theirs.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
MotoBoss. Had an Aerostitch GoreTex riding jacket(same color as your shirt) that lasted over 20 years. They make some great stuff. Thanks for the headsup.

Reactions: Motoboss

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

MotoBoss. Had an Aerostitch GoreTex riding jacket(same color as your shirt) that lasted over 20 years. They make some great stuff. Thanks for the headsup.
I have an older version of the one I posted and it is true Gore Tex and waterproof. Great for early mornings/late afternoons or layering. There's a lot of motorcycle gear that works in many environments.

Reactions: Desert Runner

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

During years of coaching lacrosse in the cold and wind I usually wore an Easton baseball windbreaker. They are light and fit under sweaters, jackets, etc. I barely knew I had it on.

baseball-windbreaker-pullover-golf-jacket-size-blue-custom-jerseys.jpg