Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We have been asked by Del Albright to assist in this post fire recovery work effort that is sponsored by PWORA. (Post Wildfire OHV Recovery Alliance.

Overland Bound has been working on a program to assist with work parties like this we call it Boots On the Ground (BOTG). I have included some of the BOTG info below.

From Del Albright:
“It's on!!! Our first work weekend. Sign up if you think you can make it. Mention what you might like to help with and what you will be driving/showing up in. We will sort out more details and give assignments as we get more info and sign ups. Don't worry; it will be a great weekend. We are hoping for a nice feed Saturday night. Probably on your own for the rest of the weekend (to be determined still, though).”

Details as we know them:
This is the location of the staging are for the event. The plan is to be there Friday night and be ready to work at 0800 hrs Saturday the 20th.
This is all we have for now but we will have more info early next week.
Chappie-Shasta Off-Highway Vehicle Area
355 Hemsted Drive
Redding, California
96002 USA

Who can help:
We need to know how many OLB members can commit to this work party, so reply to this message and please RSVP on the Rally Point when it is put out next week.

Much more information to follow but we wont know more till early next week

OLB Boots On The Ground (BOTG):

Overland Bound’s
Boots on The Ground
Trail Repair Assistance Program

The object of the Boots on the Ground (BOTG) Program is for Overland Bound members to provide support to local organized clubs, or government agencies, to assist in the mitigation/repair of damage to off-road vehicle trails. This can be preemptive to head off a trail closure, or following a natural disaster which closes or threatens to close a trail, such as a fire, flood, or wind event. This program is not for trash cleanups and general maintenance, but should be used when there is a significant amount of work to be done that requires additional help, i.e., more Boots on the Ground than the local club can muster.

The request will come from an organized club (Requestor) which is responsible for trail maintenance through an agreement with USFS, BLM, State OHV, or Local County Government. A request for help can also come directly from a Local, State or Federal government agency (Requestor). The Requestor shall designate one person to be the contact between Overland Bound (OLB) and themselves.

Lowranger

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hi Kent.....I joined this forum so my wife and I can help with the work that needs to be done.
We are experienced in working on roads and trails, as we lease a large ranch in Northern California and its up to us to keep the roads open. I have chain saws and have used them for years. We have picks and McClouds for fixing water bars.
Let me know what you need us to do to help. We have a 2000 Jeep TJ. We will be bringing our Motorhome with the Jeep on a trailer.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ok I'm back from Rally West and will get info out today or tomorrow.

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

We are assigning teams and jobs very soon on Post Wildfire OHV Recovery Alliance. Teams will be doing Barrier Installation; Signage; Trail Repairs; Culvert Cleaning; and more.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are assigning teams and jobs very soon on Post Wildfire OHV Recovery Alliance. Teams will be doing Barrier Installation; Signage; Trail Repairs; Culvert Cleaning; and more.
I will email the details but it looks like our people will sign up on your FB Event page then meet up on Friday night. We don't care who we work with so don't try and organize us as a group use us any way you need to. I will be there Friday and will need to leave Saturday afternoon, we have a newbie driving class Saturday on the Long Canyon Trail.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Kent.....I joined this forum so my wife and I can help with the work that needs to be done.
We are experienced in working on roads and trails, as we lease a large ranch in Northern California and its up to us to keep the roads open. I have chain saws and have used them for years. We have picks and McClouds for fixing water bars.
Let me know what you need us to do to help. We have a 2000 Jeep TJ. We will be bringing our Motorhome with the Jeep on a trailer.
Did you sign up for the event? There is also a RP for Friday night before the event
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/chappie-shasta-ohv-recovery-work-friday-meet-up/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im bringing my motor home also.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The date is getting closer, hope to see some members there Friday night.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We really could use some OLB members on Saturday

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here is the video from the event this weekend. A huge thanks to the members that came out and supported our Boots On The Ground program you all made a big difference in keeping our trails open.

Reactions: MBroenkow