Whynter 65Qt Fridge

• HTML tutorial

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodland Hills California
Member #

I been shopping around for coolers for awhile and came across this 65QT Whynter fridge on craigslist. They run anywhere from $550 to $650. I found mine on Craigslist for $230. It was brand new and had a small dent in the front. I read a bunch of reviews on this fridge and decided to buy it for the price. I got it home and plugged it in to AC. Its very quiet you can barley hear it running. After running it for a couple days on AC I was very satisfied on how cold it kept things. The big test for me was running it off a 12v deep cell. I purchased a battery off amazon and connected the fridge. Battery was showing 12.7 volts when I connected it. Its bee running for 4 straight days now and the battery is still and 12.3. Its ideal conditions as I have it running in the house. I have the temp set at 35 degrees and it fluctuates from 31 to 37 degrees. All and all I thing its working pretty good. The real test will be in Death Valley in a few weeks as the temps will be in the high 80s.

Attachments

Reactions: Seekoutbeauty

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

That seems like a solid deal, looks like they have some more maybe as well, wish they were a little closer to me.

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

I have the same one, all in all I like it, strongly recommend the insulated cover for it. I ran it for up to 4 days on my stock FJ battery(6years old) for 4 days before it started to struggle(before i got the cover). My only real complaint is the side carrying handles are a bit on the weak side, I've had them pop out while carrying it loaded. Just have to put it in the truck, then load the fridge.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

If you are in the market for the Whynter portable fridges... keep an eye on a certain "Orange big-box-store"s website as they go on sale there when regular appliances do. They have very competitive pricing even when not on sale. They are a lot of fridge for the money, thats for sure.

Reactions: Toynado

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

If you are in the market for the Whynter portable fridges... keep an eye on a certain "Orange big-box-store"s website as they go on sale there when regular appliances do. They have very competitive pricing even when not on sale. They are a lot of fridge for the money, thats for sure.
I just checked that stores website and they currently have it for 559.00 for the 65 qt

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodland Hills California
Member #

Well the fridge lasted 6 days on one battery charge. Strange I thought the fridge woeldd stay running until the voltage got below 10.4 but it stopped at 11.6 Wish there was a way of turning that off since Im running a stand alone battery but Im still pleased with how long it lasted.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Well the fridge lasted 6 days on one battery charge. Strange I thought the fridge woeldd stay running until the voltage got below 10.4 but it stopped at 11.6 Wish there was a way of turning that off since Im running a stand alone battery but Im still pleased with how long it lasted.
6 days is excellent! I have not tried that with my standalone battery yet. I may have to try it before the Mojave road trip at the end of the month.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

montyPR

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

I been shopping around for coolers for awhile and came across this 65QT Whynter fridge on craigslist. They run anywhere from $550 to $650. I found mine on Craigslist for $230. It was brand new and had a small dent in the front. I read a bunch of reviews on this fridge and decided to buy it for the price. I got it home and plugged it in to AC. Its very quiet you can barley hear it running. After running it for a couple days on AC I was very satisfied on how cold it kept things. The big test for me was running it off a 12v deep cell. I purchased a battery off amazon and connected the fridge. Battery was showing 12.7 volts when I connected it. Its bee running for 4 straight days now and the battery is still and 12.3. Its ideal conditions as I have it running in the house. I have the temp set at 35 degrees and it fluctuates from 31 to 37 degrees. All and all I thing its working pretty good. The real test will be in Death Valley in a few weeks as the temps will be in the high 80s.

I just picked up a 65qt Whynter brand new....open box, $250. Totally legit!, thanks for the post and the link.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/6032950632.html

Reactions: 53kemper

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #