Why is it that the passengers always want to impute on your driving skills | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Why is it that the passengers always want to impute on your driving skills

Discussion in 'Trail Q&A' started by Cpol, Oct 17, 2018.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Cpol

Cpol Rank VI

Member #:

Map
    last week I invited a friend to go fishing and through out the whole ride.. all I got was back seat driver discussion on “don’t go through there, slow down . Don’t take that trail”

2. Graeman

Graeman Rank III

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KJ7CRJ
    Map
    Because they are scardity cats. They are bored and always better drivers than the real driver. lol

3. Jedi

Jedi NorthWest Region Representative
    Moderator Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    K6JDI
    Map
    Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson who not to invite in the future...

Ichibahn and MazeVX like this.
  4. Jku Ben

Jku Ben Rank III

Member #:

Map
    Sounds like my wife ha ha but I will still take her on every trip as my co pilot.

Ichibahn and Cpol like this.
  5. Jim SoG

Jim SoG Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Duct tape or small ball peen hammer......Wake/untape at destination......

LOL!

MazeVX and Cpol like this.
  6. MazeVX

MazeVX Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    I know that problem that's why I usually don't take people with me ...
    My girl is so confident that she often falls asleep and I need to wake her up when I need a spotter... No she's not bored

Graeman and Cpol like this.
  7. James Deaton

James Deaton Rank II

Map
    If you ignore them for a bit they may just stop providing input... Of course that could take years...

Cpol likes this.
  8. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Rank III

Get new friends

9. Horse Soldier

Horse Soldier Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    This does work without any physical harm coming to the troublesome occupant in the vehicle, stop the first store of any type from a gas station to home depot/feed and seed store and give them $20.00 and tell the you this 1 item and send them in to the store. Alright once they are inside the store (with there cell phone so they can call a loved one) send them a text that they can pick up there stuff when you get back. O and they can keep the change. You friendship might be over but your sanity will be intact. ROLL TIDE!!

Ichibahn and MazeVX like this.
  10. Jedi

Jedi NorthWest Region Representative
    Moderator Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    K6JDI
    Map
    I am reminded of Andrew St. Pierre White's solution to a horrible tag-along/guide [link].

Graeman and Cpol like this.
  11. BikeHauler

BikeHauler Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Best thing I've done is let my copilot drive through sections of trail we run. She didn't really want to but did it with flying colors. She never complained to begin with, but that was just her learning to trust my judgement and enjoying the ride. The kiddos are a different story. I just tell them to hush up and hang on :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Cpol likes this.
  12. Graeman

Graeman Rank III

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KJ7CRJ
    Map
    That was such a great terrible story. I would have left on the 2nd day.

13. Rexplorer

Rexplorer Rank VI

Member #:

Map
    If my passanger is cant read a map or work a radio, offer some helpful advice, they better be able to be civil or get their own truck.

Cpol likes this.
  14. The other Sean

The other Sean Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    Truck comes to a complete stop..... "My truck, the wheel and gas pedal are in front of me. You can shoosh, or, you can walk....."

Cpol likes this.
  15. MOAK

MOAK Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Hmmmm,, I’ve never ever had that happen.. I don’t keep such people around me. My friends, all three of them, just wouldn’t dream of being buttholes. And my very best friend trusts me completely, however, she has asked me to stay a little further away from the edge..

Cpol likes this.
  16. TerryD

TerryD Rank IV

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KT4OZ
    Map
    The folks that ride with me and that I ride with all trust each others judgement. A casual comment about drifting one way or the other is just a friendly warning that one of us saw something in the trail the driver might not have. "You might want to ease driver" or something similar.

We're all along for the ride so a side trail or some road we don't know is just another adventure.

My definition of "friends" seems to be a bit more concise than a lot of people's though. That means I'm probably a bit more isolated in everyday life than most. It kind of sounds like the folks you are around don't share your taste for adventure. Not that they aren't good friends, just that they aren't quite "like minded" enough to join in on all your adventures.

Cpol and The other Sean like this.
  17. Blackmtnram

Blackmtnram Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Oh man! I think this is a deal every man deals with. My old lady is the worst at side seat driving! Funny this post is here. Had a big convo about this the other day!! Huge pet peeve If you wanna drive then do it when you are actually driving because otherwise. No soup for you!!

Cpol likes this.