Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

So I keep telling folks you can't go everywhere without a 4x4, some folks will argue about that , you may know camping but I know stuck ,well argue with this I had this guy turn down my road last night following his Google directions , only reason he made it as far as he did is he was speeding and spun around into the ditch.

I tried pulling him out with my small tractor and no dice the tractor weighs 2k and the Nissan altima weighs around 4.5k, my wife took the Colorado to the airport and is gone till next wednesday, my buggy has a bad starter and no way I'm gonna try with the Ford ranger single tire fryer.it it don't help that these newer vehicles have no tow points front or rear and the only viable tow point is the lower control arms.

I told him to call Benson bros towing they will have to come out with a skid steer and a flatbed like they always do for both cars and trucks on my dirt rd

20210417_081349.jpg20210417_081406.jpg20210417_081414.jpg20210417_081355.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Always get the same thing down my road, at least every heavy rain...They Never Learn... They even had a UPS Delivery Driver get stuck, but this was due to Google Maps giving bad directions.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

No they don't learn, yes the road is a trap I get someone every time it rains I've even had the redbull truck. honestly the problem is city folk coming out in the country and not knowing anything people out here with cars know better. They hardly ever have tow points.

Really the only reason I helped the guy was he came to my door at 10pm and asked for it, had 2 options shoot for trespass or be a somewhat nice person I picked the latter.

Most folks don't make it 10ft in before they are stuck up to the hubs, I'm still reeling that he made it nearly 100ft in.

Here is the real funny part he came back yesterday to try again, I asked for the keys and I drove it out under its own power. After clearing the wheels of mud.

• Haha
Reactions: Brewbud

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
And 2wd trucks are ten times easier to get stuck than a little weightless car.

GM Express vans get stuck on level ground in mud that's only two inches deep. Worthless for any adventuring.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Put up a sign at the beginning with AAA's number...or the local tow service. Maybe that will make them think a little first, maybe.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
[QUOTE="Boostpowered, post: 549139, member: 31236"

Here is the real funny part he came back yesterday to try again, I asked for the keys and I drove it out under its own power. After clearing the wheels of mud.
[/QUOTE]
...which actually proves that you don't need 4x4 - you need skill and judgment.

Reactions: Cypress and Road

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I have to find the pics I have of our 6X6's up to their axles in mud, it took a heavy recovery wrecker and a 5 ton and my 1 ton dual to freight train them out....