Why Do We Overland?

• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

At work eating breakfast before I start my day doing some channel surfing, and I ran across this one typing in Overlanding.
I think this video about sums it up.
Is the creator of the video a member here?

I have also been watching this guy, his dog, and his FJ Cruisers videos for the past few days, he has a four part series.
I especially thought video four was the best.
Some of those trails in Colorado you barely have room for another rig coming from the opposite direction to get by you.
I wonder too if he is a member here, or on some of the other forums I frequent.

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

This is absolutely fantastic..... it's a pitty the UAE is not as well catered for Overlanding as the USA , just purely because it too small and covered in sand majority of the places

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I always enjoy seeing food cooking too on campstoves or a fire, as that is a big part of it as well.
No freeze dried stuff, unless you really have too :)
Food always tastes better outdoors on trips.

I have a whole buch of cast iron stuff im waiting try out over an open flame. but some mountain house lasagna and chilli mac is pretty tasty lol

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I just love the adventure and of course camp fires. Let's be honest a camp fire is Neanderthal mans tv. I can sit and be mesmerised by it for hours. Especially if a couple of beers are involved ;-)

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

UpNoverRover

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just love the adventure and of course camp fires. Let's be honest a camp fire is Neanderthal mans tv. I can sit and be mesmerised by it for hours. Especially if a couple of beers are involved ;-)

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
heck I have gone to sleep to "campfire" noises on YouTube the last few nights in the comforts of home so I fully conquer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using OB Talk mobile app

Larry

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Springville Indiana
Member #

The person that made the first video is named Mark and he is on another forum. Honestly I'm surprised he's not on this one too. He's very knowledgeable and very helpful, I've been following his adventures for years and he is the one that got me interested into overlanding. His Jeep setup seems to be pretty spot on.

Ronzonnie

Rank 0

Contributor I

For me i see overlanding as the freedom to wonder and explore; to enjoy where you are, hope for where you want to be, and savour the trip in between. Being able to live from your rig allows you be tied to the present rather then a mailing address. To socially disconnect and the reconnect with nature/yourself, or find new friends and share stories around a campfire that's cooking your next meal.

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: awolfnspirit

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I have watched a lot of his videos, I enjoyed "Mark and Ray's Al-Can Adventure".

Reactions: Larry

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Mark's videos are well done and super inspiring. It's the stuff you can show non overlanding friends and family, so they understand a bit better why you spend hours talking about camp gear or all your extra money on your next mod. :)

Reactions: Larry