Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Have you seen posts here about a meetup or maybe a trail run and thought “why didn’t I get invited to go?” If so, it may be as simple as an unchecked box or an overly vague entry in your profile.

Having organized a few events in the NorthWest Region, I have found that there are a number of members who can’t receive invitations to the events due to their contact settings. I truly believe people do this because they are worried about spam, not realizing that it will prevent them from learning about events. If this is you, I want to assure you that this is not used for spam. To change the setting, simply go into your profile under the Settings > Personal Details > OB Contact and make sure that “Contact Me” is checked.

contact check box.png

Another problem can be if you did not include a specific enough location, such as your city and state/province. When you do this, the radius filter for an event is unlikely to include you in the list of nearby members to invite. To set a more specific location, you can go to Settings > Personal Details > Location

location.png

Some members have chosen not to provide this information for personal security reasons, and that is, of course, totally understandable. The great news is that you can also keep an eye out for events in your area by filtering the Rally Point system to show only those events in your region.

rallyregion.png

I hope this helps other members to find new opportunities to become involved and get out there and enjoy some adventure.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Have you seen posts here about a meetup or maybe a trail run and thought “why didn’t I get invited to go?” If so, it may be as simple as an unchecked box or an overly vague entry in your profile.

Having organized a few events in the NorthWest Region, I have found that there are a number of members who can’t receive invitations to the events due to their contact settings. I truly believe people do this because they are worried about spam, not realizing that it will prevent them from learning about events. If this is you, I want to assure you that this is not used for spam. To change the setting, simply go into your profile under the Settings > Personal Details > OB Contact and make sure that “Contact Me” is checked.

View attachment 81054

Another problem can be if you did not include a specific enough location, such as your city and state/province. When you do this, the radius filter for an event is unlikely to include you in the list of nearby members to invite. To set a more specific location, you can go to Settings > Personal Details > Location

View attachment 81055

Some members have chosen not to provide this information for personal security reasons, and that is, of course, totally understandable. The great news is that you can also keep an eye out for events in your area by filtering the Rally Point system to show only those events in your region.

View attachment 81056

I hope this helps other members to find new opportunities to become involved and get out there and enjoy some adventure.
I agree with Mike, this is a good post.

Jhop567

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sagle, Idaho
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
Another problem is that you may be a complete Adam Henry and no one wants to be around you!!!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

View attachment 81054

View attachment 81055

View attachment 81056

So good! Exactly right! We are always improving messaging and access to info as well. I actually “watch” the meetups thread because I want to know of all Rally Point events. It’s not too noisy (for me).

Attachments

Reactions: Jedi and M Rose