Who's upgrading their rig or planning a trip with their tax return?

• HTML tutorial

invAZ1AN

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Geren
Member #

After weeks of procrastinating to file my taxes, i decided to take a decent weekend here in the great PNW to get them filed. Got me thinking, if i was to use my refund on upgrading my rig, or for a dope trip sometime this year.

What are you going to do to your rig, or where are you going to go with your refund??

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Given the COVID pesimistic outlook, I'm overlanding on the 100 mile rule, so saving money there.
But yes, after 5 years of planning, this year will be a fridge, battery and solar charging system.
Likely a Dometic CRX 80.
75_40_dometic_tf---crx-80_37540_11.png

And considering this off Amazon for charging. 200W

61w+gHWwKJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Mine is (was) spent on repairs/upgrades. Bent my steering on my last outing so that's being upgraded. Front arm bushings wore out prematurely so redesigned arms in the front. Rear arm bushings were worn out and new adjustable arms with bushings are just a little more. Upgrade again. Two new radios and....thats it.

SugarFreeShooter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Powell, OH, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PRJ
I upgraded to a functional clutch system in my Ranger, although I suppose that's repair territory. Since that ate most of my refund I went a little cheapy on my camp Fridge and got a SetPower AJ40. I like it a lot so far, and I just finished routing power to the bed for it. It runs relatively efficiently from my Jackery 240, but I may need to upgrade batteries down the line.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Quite the opposite, I’ll not be adding stuff due to the payment sent to the fed and state.

• Sad
Reactions: David H

eriefisher

Rank III

Advocate I

Southern Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
LaForme
Your question assumes there is a tax refund coming or even pay taxes. I try to avoid this where possible. For the taxes I do pay I try to make sure I have plenty of receipts to write off against. I would rather buy what I want/need when I want/need it rather than wait for refunds.