Who's Excited for the 2021 (if we're lucky) Ford Bronco?

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Everyone cussed TTB.

I ran a warmed up 351W, and 37" HMMWV tires. Beat the snot out of it. 4.11 ratio i think? Hard to recall.

That and the 9 inch both held fine.

Ruckus 1.jpg

Reactions: cdavis90

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I ran an 82 F150 with a built 300-6, that truck was fun. It had no problem keeping up with the solid axle GMs and Fords, and when the terrain opened up that thing would sail. The TTB front end definitely had its issues (ever seen the "dynamic toe adjustment", lol) and it honestly didnt articulate well until you got a set of longer radius arms on it, but even in stock form that suspension could soak up some bumps at speed like no other.
To Add: My final thoughts on this are simple, I would much rather run a well designed and built IFS set up than a poorly designed and built solid axle. The unfortunate reality is that everyone has been cheapening their solid front axles for years. Wall thicknesses are not as much, ball joints replaced king pins and trunion bearings, and unitized wheel bearings replaced dual tapered roller bearings. About the only advantage that a live axle has anymore is the fact there theres fewer joints in it for transmitting power. So for big tires and big power yeah its a better option, but for overall strength and performance, the gap is narrowing, big time.

Last edited:

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I heard they were basing the design off of the Raptor and just scaling it to the smaller chassis. At any rate independent suspension is no reason to discount a rig.
Sure it is. if suspension style is important to you it is 100% a reason to discount a rig.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Sure it is. if suspension style is important to you it is 100% a reason to discount a rig.
If the vehicle will do what you want and is a quality product it really won't matter. I just tend not to discount things before I see a demonstration.

Reactions: DadJokes

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

If the vehicle will do what you want and is a quality product it really won't matter. I just tend not to discount things before I see a demonstration.
hence, if IFS isnt what you want.... thats the perfect reason to discount it.
if I was buying in that market, I would go Jeep with a solid axle over a Bronco with IFS.

but maybe thats just me.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
hence, if IFS isnt what you want.... thats the perfect reason to discount it.
if I was buying in that market, I would go Jeep with a solid axle over a Bronco with IFS.

but maybe thats just me.
I Get it, I just prioritize fulfilment of a role over features. It's the reason I sold my old Hilux in favor of the Escape and am happier for it.

cdavis90

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

AZ, USA
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
D
Member #

New Bronco looks awesome! Just guessing, but with the Bronco's larger size, it may be best suited for Overlanding anyways, in which case I think IFS can be perfectly serviceable.

Also, the U.S market could use another platform like the Bronco, it'll be fun to see things shaken up a bit!

Still, nothing beats the original bronco, I love that truck. https://www.history.com/news/oj-simpson-white-bronco-chase-where-now

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
New Bronco looks awesome! Just guessing, but with the Bronco's larger size, it may be best suited for Overlanding anyways, in which case I think IFS can be perfectly serviceable.

Also, the U.S market could use another platform like the Bronco, it'll be fun to see things shaken up a bit!

Still, nothing beats the original bronco, I love that truck. https://www.history.com/news/oj-simpson-white-bronco-chase-where-now
That is not the original Bronco, this is ...............

1968-ford-bronco-front.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and DadJokes

Prstone50

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Stone
Wow ! I guess I’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen the pics... I love the looks ! I’ll have to research now . I would be much more inclined to buy a Ford as I’ve worked on and owned them. That’s one sexy beast !

cdavis90

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

AZ, USA
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
D
Member #

That is not the original Bronco, this is ...............

View attachment 149912
Yes, yes, we're all aware that previous generations of the Bronco existed. The "original" I was referring to was the original production time of the Bronco, which ended in 1996. You could also make a very good argument that the Bronco's most iconic status WAS in the early to mid-1990s and when people reference this truck, there's a good chance they're thinking of something similar to the "OJ" model.

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

My confusion with the Bronc is, that I have heard the "sport" or smaller version will be based on the Escape chassis and platform meaning....definitely IFS?, but the big brother AKA full size bronc...Maybe live axles??? Waiting to see, I was under the impression that the Sport version will be the first version released. This is only thought, not knowledge, please correct me if I'm off on this!!

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
Yes, yes, we're all aware that previous generations of the Bronco existed. The "original" I was referring to was the original production time of the Bronco, which ended in 1996. You could also make a very good argument that the Bronco's most iconic status WAS in the early to mid-1990s and when people reference this truck, there's a good chance they're thinking of something similar to the "OJ" model.
I would strongly disagree with that, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Definition of original
(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : of, relating to, or constituting an origin or beginning : initial the original part of the house

2a : not secondary, derivative, or imitative an original composition
b : being the first instance or source from which a copy, reproduction, or translation is or can be made

Last edited:
Reactions: DadJokes and Rath

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
My confusion with the Bronc is, that I have heard the "sport" or smaller version will be based on the Escape chassis and platform meaning....definitely IFS?, but the big brother AKA full size bronc...Maybe live axles??? Waiting to see, I was under the impression that the Sport version will be the first version released. This is only thought, not knowledge, please correct me if I'm off on this!!
If the Bronco is based off of the Escape then it will be 4 wheel independent. I mean Im impressed with that my Escape can power through but its not what I would call an off road vehicle, but if they tuned the suspension a little better and ran longer A arms with then it could be an awesome off road rig I think. My 05 is one of the most sure footed rigs I have ever driven, and it doesnt even have traction control...

Reactions: cdavis90

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

At the end of the day, if Ford wants to be a Jeep contender in capability, either IFS or Axles, it better be an absolutely awesome set up and tuned suspension or it will be a lost cause. Im not at all opposed to IFS, it has proven to be a good setup if its done right. Very excited to see the release and specs.

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

My confusion with the Bronc is, that I have heard the "sport" or smaller version will be based on the Escape chassis and platform meaning....definitely IFS?, but the big brother AKA full size bronc...Maybe live axles???
Definitely not. The race bronco that ran Baja was "based off the production model very closely" and it was IFS. so, yeah no chance production version will be solid front.

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

LOL, I wasnt sure if that Bronc that raced was the smaller version supped up or their "full sized" platform. The desert race version of a lot of the trucks are barely indicative of what will be produced unless they were in the "stock" or "production classes" classes. But I believe you are right on with that call. I think I'm more excited about the aftermarket for it and the ability to make it worthy for the backroads and overland people that we are. Fingers crossed!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
In all the information I have seen, pictures, and video leaked out the new Bronco will have IFS and not a live axle. I'm not sure how many different models they will come out with, but the ones I saw were independent front suspension. This doesn't change my excitement at all with a new Bronco coming out. I can't wait to see it.
Same front suspension as a Hummer from the pics I've seen. I'll take the sport version or two door model.

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
Bronco will be IFS for sure and will be fabulous mall crawler but only time will tell if off-road community will love it or leave it... Jeep has no worries
"Jeep has no worries"

That's what Ferrari told Ford back in the 60's too. :smiley:

Last edited:

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Gone is the "Full Size" Bronco, they were on an F-150 frame. Based of the Ranger frame these bridge the gap between the classic and the full-size. I'm curious to see if they make a 2-door version with a shorter wheelbase. I suspect the lack of 4 doors was a big reason for it's prior demise (not counting the aftermarket Centurion package).