Who wants to hit the beach?

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I'm planning on taking a trip to Pacific Beach in Moclips the first week in August (not sure exactly what days yet, my work schedule isn't out yet)

My plan is to drive down to Shelton area to camp for the night and then the next day getting up and going to Pacific Beach in the a.m. and cruising around the beach and then drive home that day.

Anyone want to join?

Reactions: ce4460

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Depends on the day(s) of the outing I could be in. I may be interested in staying in Pacific Beach area instead of coming back that day. Keep me posted. Hope it works out. I've followed you as you're the first person I've come across in the area.

Reactions: Truckerbizz

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Cool! I'm not sure if the beach is still open to drive on because their website says "open seasonally" but that's all they say. I'll do some more digging. I would also be down to stay closer but all the campsites there have filled up, but if you know of some FS roads or another place to go I'm open to suggestions. Also, I'm thinking the days will be somewhere around July 31-Aug 3 if that helps.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Isn't that the timeframe when Mrs OB is driving up and picking up Mr. Bound at SEATAC. There's a group doing a road trip then as well.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I think she said she made an error an was coming in on the 28th. I'm pretty sure but check the feed to be sure.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
BTW, it is seasonal in Pacific Beach but the beaches themselves are open. A lot of the businesses shut during off season. I do know of load of roads in the area. Spent a bunch of time there when I worked for the State as a Salmonid Biologist.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I checked it and Corrie said the 28th thru 31st.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
When it is scheduled, let me know. BTW, if you do want to camp in the Shelton Area, I live just outside town in Union. I even have a spot you could camp for free.