Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ah yes, that IS an improvement over the swinging door like I have. I'd like to put my spare tire on a swing out to get the weight off my door. That's not practical though to have two swing outs, a door and a spare tire. I have a beautiful rack but I cant lift an 85# tire up there. My bigger than stock spare tire (32") is slightly too big for the stock tire mount unless I air it down to 20# and it still rubs on the top of my bumper. There is a devise on the market that bolts to the existing mount and raises the tire. When I can afford it I may buy one or make one.

Rogerrover

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

PNW Cloverdale Oregon
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Titus
Member #

I own two discovery 2 a 2002 and a 2003. my 2003 is my main rig and the 2002 is for support./
here is my 2003
20180705_093844.jpg

my side view of my 2003 . aka the RGRRVR
2003 fully loaded..jpg

I have been working on this since 2016. and still going.. i have traveled the west coast and am working out of Cloverdale Oregon.

03 2018 peoples choice award.jpg

Here i am after winning for the second year in a row the peoples choice award for the Discovery's at the ABFM at PIR. I won the award in 2017 and 2018. i was too sick in 2019 and 2020 was cancelled to covid..

I have removed the second row seating and built in cabinets and a bed/storage area. will work on my list o items at a later date.

thanks roger rover

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I own two discovery 2 a 2002 and a 2003. my 2003 is my main rig and the 2002 is for support./
here is my 2003
View attachment 173787

View attachment 173788

I have been working on this since 2016. and still going.. i have traveled the west coast and am working out of Cloverdale Oregon.

View attachment 173789

Here i am after winning for the second year in a row the peoples choice award for the Discovery's at the ABFM at PIR. I won the award in 2017 and 2018. i was too sick in 2019 and 2020 was cancelled to covid..

I have removed the second row seating and built in cabinets and a bed/storage area. will work on my list o items at a later date.

thanks roger rover
I can see why you win the awards. I'm working on mine but have a long way to go before I can have a bunch of stuff you have on your rig. Cant wait to see what you did inside. :-)

Rogerrover

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

PNW Cloverdale Oregon
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Titus
Member #

Here are a few. I removed second row seats. Buikt cabinits and storage. Redid back door. And removed both rear side windows to make replacement safari windos.

Attachments

chiditty

Rank I

Traveler I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Chi
Last Name
Liu
Member #

They did, unfortunately. The fenders you see on the photos are the optional ones. The standard are very thin and narrow as opposed to the ones I had installed. When installing the fenders, it's really a simple plug in to the electrical connector. I know, a little ding or a kick and the light might actually break/stop working. However, I believe this light is only required for the US-based Defenders. Defenders in other countries do not require this so lucky them.

1604331045524.png

They put the side lights in the fender flares? Looking forward to a build thread.

RRLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jeptha Knob Road, Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

Nice Defender! Here's what I get to work on every day at Brit Custom Defenders in Lagrange. I also own a LR3 with a 2 in lift and a Disco 2 that is now retired and going to be turned into a project.

Attachments

chiditty

Rank I

Traveler I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Chi
Last Name
Liu
Member #

Very nice! I really wish the US allowed the old Defenders into the country. I travel to Iceland often and whenever I go I rent the Defender and absolutely love them! But I cant risk the issue of buying one here that's 25+ years old.

Nice Defender! Here's what I get to work on every day at Brit Custom Defenders in Lagrange. I also own a LR3 with a 2 in lift and a Disco 2 that is now retired and going to be turned into a project.

chiditty

Rank I

Traveler I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Chi
Last Name
Liu
Member #

I would love a spare tire cover! Just went to your site and see a few with the original Defender and your business name. Would love to put that on mine ;-)

WilhelmB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

12 Grandview Drive, Redbank Plains Queensland, Australia
First Name
Will
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

my series 3 ex Australian Army that I owned back in the 90's, sorry for the bad photo of a photo.
it was a "fitted for radio" so had a few cool extras like two alternators and wired up to run 4 extra deep cycle batteries, it also had a 25000 lb PTO winch mounted in a very military spec front bar, it also had convoy lights and all the mounting points for tools and jerry can holders. unfortunately we moved into a new home that meant a 130 mile commute each day , so I traded it in for a big comfy sedan.
I have loved Landys since I might get a new Defender when I retire, but that's still 10 years away. :tearsofjoy:

708F02DA-14CD-4DD4-905A-E7ED9DD639A9.JPG

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

They had 109's when I was there in 72, nice place though humid. Only 50 miles off the equator. Are there still scooters everywhere?

kevinh26

Rank I

Enthusiast I

southern NY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Healy
here is my 2003
View attachment 173787

View attachment 173788

View attachment 173789

thanks roger rover
Love to see how you did the interior. I have an ‘04, top hat block plus many upgrades. I have an ARB fridge and want to add a drawer system (built by me) and a bed platform, I just need to work around the fridge.

kevinh26

Rank I

Enthusiast I

southern NY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Healy
Here's the d2, paint was wrecked and I couldn't see 6000 for a paint job, so about 400 in paint and other supplies from summit, and a little help from a former employer. I work at a small land rover shop in Asheville now( not the dealer Asheville land rover is awful), if your ever in the area come see us, chances are if your looking for some hard to find part we have it.
Do you know Jim Goodrum, he’s an instructor at the Builtmore, fine gentlemen.