Who is a Vet, Active or First Responder?

• HTML tutorial

Caffienated

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southwest Portland, Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Caputi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CID
Service Branch
Marines
Was a navy corpsman with the Marines from 1968-2002.Served in Vietnam,Panama,Granada,Desert Storm and Afganistan.Retired as a Hospital Corpsman Senior Chief Petty Officer.

w
Get some Doc!

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
16.5 years Air Force (chair force) medically retired
Medical Administration/ Military Training leader
Would go back in (to the military I joined in a heartbeat, might take a bit of convincing to join the one I left lol)

Radman73

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rader
Service Branch
Navy DAV
US Navy 1991-1999
Nuke Machinist's Mate
USS Los Angeles SSN-688 93-96
USS Sea Wolf SSN-21 96-99
Medical discharge, now 100%. Makes life more challenging but that also makes life more fun and not sure I'd change a thing given the chance.

Nice to see other bubbleheads on here.

Traveler III

Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
creech sr
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RPM
Service Branch
ARMY
Army infantry 81to 89 took basic at Ft Benning Ga @ harmony church old ww2 barracks took jump school there as well assigned to 82nd airborne jumped into Grenada
last duty station was 8th ID Mainz Germany
Took my pathfinder school there
Our motto

These are my credentials

THANK YOU FOR YOURE SERVICE to all my brothers in arms no matter the branch

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

During the lockdowns, a lot of people were forced into the "first responder" category. Turns out you can't keep a fire station open if it's not habitable, so all the trades people and utility workers got lumped in as well. That's fair recognition of their importance, but it can't come solely with additional responsibilities. It must also come with additional compensation. If they're getting categorized that way, they need the reduced retirement requirements enjoyed by other critical staffing.

Traveler III

Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
creech sr
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RPM
Service Branch
ARMY
Retired LEO. Fifteen years, primarily in North St. Louis. Retired out due to a back injury during an arrest. Field Training Officer, Drug Recognition Expert, Mobile Reserve Unit, etc etc. Glad to not be getting shot at anymore...
My father was a LEO 29 yrs here in Tucson
He was in the traffic division and accident reconstructionist as well as a aircraft accident investigator for the FAA until they could get on scene

Last edited:

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
My father was a LEO 29 yrs here in Tucson
He was in the traffic division and accident reconstructionist as well as a aircraft accident investigator for the FAA until they could get on scene
My cousin is an aircraft crash reconstructionist for the gubment. That takes an incredibly gifted brain to be able to work and process those scenes. Kudos to your Dad!!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks to everyone who served or is serving.

15 years USAF. Combat Comm & EOD. Operations: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Joint Endeavor, Uphold Democracy (Haiti), Summer Games (Bahrain), & and a couple that shall not be named.
Currently, outside of my actual job as a federal employee, I do Austin Diaster Relief Network (ADRN) CERT & am FEMA CERT certified.

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch