Who here plans Overland trips around Fishing?

• HTML tutorial

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I always wanted to fish there with my dad, for some reason we never did, I guess life got in the way.
Maybe this summer we can setup a group trip, I just moved back east after 26 years in AZ. I haven't fished since my pre-college years growing up in UpState NY for Small Mouth Bass and Rainbow Trout. I really would like to get into Fly Fishing this summer.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have fished all my life, due to a shoulder rebuild, fly fishing is no longer possible. I own 3 or 4 each rods and reels from 2 # to 130#. I fish from shore, kayak, pangas, private boats, charters and long range. Right now I am really enjoying the kayak in the ocean. Ninety percent of my trips revolve surf, fishing and exploring new places, in that order.

For Rods I keep mine in versus PVC and ABS tubes ether attached to my rack (9' or longer) or inside my shell, I put velcro hooks on outside the tube and stick the top of shell fleece up to 8'. They are in the rods bags and wrapped with towels as they are slid into the tube.

Surffishingbum

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

Maybe this summer we can setup a group trip, I just moved back east after 26 years in AZ. I haven't fished since my pre-college years growing up in UpState NY for Small Mouth Bass and Rainbow Trout. I really would like to get into Fly Fishing this summer.
That would be cool to do

Surffishingbum

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

I have fished all my life, due to a shoulder rebuild, fly fishing is no longer possible. I own 3 or 4 each rods and reels from 2 # to 130#. I fish from shore, kayak, pangas, private boats, charters and long range. Right now I am really enjoying the kayak in the ocean. Ninety percent of my trips revolve surf, fishing and exploring new places, in that order.

For Rods I keep mine in versus PVC and ABS tubes ether attached to my rack (9' or longer) or inside my shell, I put velcro hooks on outside the tube and stick the top of shell fleece up to 8'. They are in the rods bags and wrapped with towels as they are slid into the tube.
Just got my first fishing Kayak and will be hitting the Bays and Ocean around NJ, and DE, I have two bad shoulders due to a jet ski crash at 80 miles an hour, fly fishing is done for me too

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Just got my first fishing Kayak and will be hitting the Bays and Ocean around NJ, and DE, I have two bad shoulders due to a jet ski crash at 80 miles an hour, fly fishing is done for me too
Yea, my shoulders starts to hurt at the second haul. I can’t seem to part with my rods and reels however. I gave my materials to my nephew in CO. He has no idea what to use a 0000 weighted hook for. The 12 wt with a shooting head might be a bit much for the drift boat too.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Im trying to do a trip next weekend but havent decided where to fish