Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
On all of my rigs that would see dirt time, I would pull the sway bars and toss em in the attic of the shop. With my IFS mini trucks I really never noticed a difference running down the road, and noticed a slight improvement off road. With my 99 TJ I noticed MASSIVE changes on and off road. Handling was significantly "looser" but honestly not horrible, even with the hard top on, but it did require more care driving. If I were to own a Jeep again I honestly dont know if I would run disconnects or pull the bars again. With my current vehicle (05 Ford Escape) Im still running the bars because, well the most extreme off road I have gotten into in years is a minimum maintenance road, so I dont see a need to sacrifice on road handling.
I will say that I am an extremely mellow driver, and have always driven super old rigs, so even a Jeep with no sway bars handles and brakes better than some of the old iron I have owned.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I removed the front and rear ASB on my 5 inch lifted 2011Tahoe. For off road use it is much better on the street it does feel a lot looser but so far I am comfortable with the way it handles.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Getting ready to pull the bars on my 2019 Rav4! Without locking diffs, keeping the wheels as firmly on the ground as possible is the only way to keep moving.

Contributor II

Ladysmith BC
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Pritchett
in the process of gathing parts to mess with/test the idea of removed rear sway bar (with front disconnect) .. while using rear air shocks (with proper rear springs) for the versatility of daily onroad (loaded and unloaded) , trailer towing (1200ish lbs is planned max) .. and ability of moderate offroad. doing this with a combination of pressure and linking/unlinking the air bladders.

but i'll still be a-ways off to be able to give a build thread or information yet.

Reactions: Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I thought it was both interessmting and telling how the only performance mods done to this Kia Sorrento to get it through Hell's Gate was better tires and disconnected anti-sway bars :) .

I ended up completely removing my rear anti-sway bar so far on my 2019 Rav4. Can't tell any difference during normal driving. However, the driveways in our neighborhood have mild "curbs" along the street edge, and crossing them with the front axle is significantly more jarring than the rear axle now. I'll be removing the front as well, probably when I do my lift install.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
That video really makes me want to just try running without my sway bars. I mean my end links are shot and clunk all the time anyway...