Launch Member

Advocate III

vancouver, b.c., canada
First Name
jeff
Last Name
ross
Member #

just got the latest letter from FCA letting me know that 2007 - 2010 wranglers has had the warranty changed from the typical 5 years on calipers and brakes hoses to 15 years and unlimited km. i didn't know that the brakes hoses and calipers were causing problems and wondered if its something that should be looked at more than before :confused:

Reactions: mechman0925

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Got mine last week.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I got mine. I like how it reads not to bring it in unless you notice a leak. Kinda like it isn't a problem unless you find out it is. ;)

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Typical Chrysler.. I'll never own another. They cost me over $5,000 in repairs. I had complained about the fuel delivery system at the 10,000 mile mark. It failed at 82,000 miles. The entire fuel delivery system had to be replaced. They magically lost the documentation and refused to even replace the 3,000 dollar part.. So it comes as no surprise that they aren't being pre-emptive in the replacement and repair of a faulty brake system.. They lost a 3rd generation loyal customer.. my children and grandchildren will not buy Chrysler products either..

jeffs blackjeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

vancouver, b.c., canada
First Name
jeff
Last Name
ross
Member #

Typical Chrysler.. I'll never own another. They cost me over $5,000 in repairs. I had complained about the fuel delivery system at the 10,000 mile mark. It failed at 82,000 miles. The entire fuel delivery system had to be replaced. They magically lost the documentation and refused to even replace the 3,000 dollar part.. So it comes as no surprise that they aren't being pre-emptive in the replacement and repair of a faulty brake system.. They lost a 3rd generation loyal customer.. my children and grandchildren will not buy Chrysler products either..
i wouldn't blame chrysler as a whole for this...just the place that did this repair(s) as most are franchised and will hire any idiot on the street to fix just to save a few $'s.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
i wouldn't blame chrysler as a whole for this...just the place that did this repair(s) as most are franchised and will hire any idiot on the street to fix just to save a few $'s.
I continue to post this up in the hopes that Chrysler reps will get tired of me posting it up and offer some sort of settlement and/or a bit of hush money. It was a Liberty CRD. Chrysler cheaped out and used the same fuel delivery system used in gasoline engines. Translated - fuel lines leaked since brand new, undetectable because the high pressure fuel pump was doing double duty, sucking and pressurizing. A lifter pump should have been installed at factory to supply the high pressure Bosch CP3 injector/rail pump. Without the lifter pump the CP3 was doing double duty that it is not designed to do, and because of the leaks, air bubbles were forever present in the fuel supply causing the CP3 to wear out prematurely. Bosch spec'd it out to last the life of the engine, 500k miles. At that time, Chrysler had the only certified mechanic within about a 500 mile radius. In fact, we had to wait for him to get back from training in order to service my vehicle. I've done a ton of research on this subject including discussions with engineers and qualified Motori service techs. As stated before, I complained about air bubbles in the fuel line at 10,000 miles. They did nothing about it. They treated me like I was stupid and ill informed. Each time I changed my oil and my fuel filter I took it in afterwards. Even the mechanics could not prime the air bubbles out. One service manager even tried to tell me that it was normal. I informed him that I have been around diesels most of my life and it is not normal. I finally gave up on the issue but continued to document and complain. Magically when the pump blew at 80,000 miles not a trace of documentation could be found.. So my friend, not wholly Chryslers fault?

Reactions: jeffs blackjeep

jeffs blackjeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

vancouver, b.c., canada
First Name
jeff
Last Name
ross
Member #

I continue to post this up in the hopes that Chrysler reps will get tired of me posting it up and offer some sort of settlement and/or a bit of hush money. It was a Liberty CRD. Chrysler cheaped out and used the same fuel delivery system used in gasoline engines. Translated - fuel lines leaked since brand new, undetectable because the high pressure fuel pump was doing double duty, sucking and pressurizing. A lifter pump should have been installed at factory to supply the high pressure Bosch CP3 injector/rail pump. Without the lifter pump the CP3 was doing double duty that it is not designed to do, and because of the leaks, air bubbles were forever present in the fuel supply causing the CP3 to wear out prematurely. Bosch spec'd it out to last the life of the engine, 500k miles. At that time, Chrysler had the only certified mechanic within about a 500 mile radius. In fact, we had to wait for him to get back from training in order to service my vehicle. I've done a ton of research on this subject including discussions with engineers and qualified Motori service techs. As stated before, I complained about air bubbles in the fuel line at 10,000 miles. They did nothing about it. They treated me like I was stupid and ill informed. Each time I changed my oil and my fuel filter I took it in afterwards. Even the mechanics could not prime the air bubbles out. One service manager even tried to tell me that it was normal. I informed him that I have been around diesels most of my life and it is not normal. I finally gave up on the issue but continued to document and complain. Magically when the pump blew at 80,000 miles not a trace of documentation could be found.. So my friend, not wholly Chryslers fault?
ahhhhhh...when it comes to the liberty, i can understand. my friend had one and he loved it till things started to fall apart, one piece at a time. the wrangler i have has been a great vehicle and i've gotten to 145,000 miles on her with only problems coming from that TIP module and carbon build-up on piston 6 which gives low compression when running. both have been replaced and cleaned and she runs fine now, but of course it takes common sense to know that any moving part needs tender loving care with periodic fluid replacements when needed or even when you feel its time to keep them like new (kinda)...cheers!! :)

just some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAK