Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Levin
Member #

Hey Wanderlost. Great picture and nice rig! I’m heading to Canyonlands this Fall for the first time. I have my permits for a few White Rim Road campsites already. I have 2-3 more nights that I have not determined the agenda for yet. I’d be happy to hear your favorite spots and any recommendations for those days! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your post. Cheers, Jeremy

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Wanderlost

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Hey Wanderlost. Great picture and nice rig! I’m heading to Canyonlands this Fall for the first time. I have my permits for a few White Rim Road campsites already. I have 2-3 more nights that I have not determined the agenda for yet. I’d be happy to hear your favorite spots and any recommendations for those days! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your post. Cheers, Jeremy

We'll be posting a few more pics here and within a few weeks we'll have a video of the trip up on our YouTube channel. What campsites did you get?

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Our first day took us to the southern Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.

The trail in starts by climbing up and over Elephant Hill Trail.

insta_canyonlands copy.jpg

DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0186.JPG
The trail isn't an easy one but choosing your line carefully and taking your time, it can be done with minimal risk of carnage.

Unfortunately the driver wasn't paying attention to his spotter going through Devil's Doorway and leaned the 4R up against the rockface, taking out the back window and bending the high-lift mounted vertical on the rear bumper. Fortunately the stickers prevented some of the glass bits from littering the trail.
(full coverage in our upcoming video)

37638940_10212407231792639_7526440989464985600_o.jpg
Once on the other side we settled down on a nice sand trail leading us south to our campsite.

insta_canyonlands2.jpg
Once we arrived at Horse Hoof campsite we were treated to magnificent views of the surrounding formations.

DSC_0097.JPG
DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG
Good night...………..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In the coming weeks we'll be uploading a video of our trip through Canyonlands on our YouTube channel. Consider subscribing and click on the bell icon to receive a notification!

Reactions: Captain Chaos

JLLT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Levin
Member #

We'll be posting a few more pics here and within a few weeks we'll have a video of the trip up on our YouTube channel. What campsites did you get?
I have Airport C, Candlestick and Labyrinth A. Initially I thought I would spend one or two nights on the trail, but I decided to take my time and explore the area more. Then I have one hotel night in Moab to clean up and re-stock before heading out again.

Reactions: Wanderlost

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Very nice! I'm planning a trip to Canyonlands in the spring. But will be sticking to the easy stuff. I follow ya'll on the tube. Looking forward to watching tonight and taking notes.