White Rim Favorite Campsites

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ
Let me tack on another question as well...

I understand that you should apply for the campsites the day they become available so does that mean that you have to apply 2 or 3 times depending on the number of nights you want to camp on the trail?
Thanks.
Yes. The sites go quickly, like minutes. Don't forget that they become available at midnight Utah time. You can put down that you are on a multiday trip, but they figure that out anyway when a week or so later they send out the confirmation and payment info.

White Crack really stood out to me, really unique. I stayed the second night at Hardscabble B, but it was just so so, maybe because it was a cold morning and it is in the shade. The Murphy camps looked fun, but if you have a windy night it could be a tough one.

Take the time to do the Fort Bottom hike. Really interesting cabin and ancient ruin.

Enjoy.

Reactions: 64Trvlr and smlobx

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Great info Guys.
I have managed to get a booking at Airport D. Was carnage last night at 12 pm Utah, trying to get a site. We wanted to get one like Murphys or White Crack but missed out. We are planning clockwise in 2 days. I am going to try for the second site tonight.

Got the second night at Candlestick.

Cant wait for this trip now.

Last edited: