Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey guys,

Just wanted to quickly chime in about that Overland Loop trail. I live about 15 minutes from it and have done it more times than I can count. In numerous different vehicles, ranging from full size Dodge trucks, down to Jeep Wranglers. While the trail is accessible to larger vehicles, it's certainly not meant for them. I personally wouldn't take anything larger than my 4Runner on it anymore. It's a well maintained trail and is HEAVILY used. So you're guaranteed to see other people out there. I've never run into anyone that's been rude. All have been extremely nice and are always willing to help if needed. You will run into dirt bikes on the trail, so you'll want to watch out for that. I definitely recommend doing a test run with your group before heading out there, though. The trail can go from extremely easy to hardcore 4x4 only in no time, depending on the turn you take. This time of year is pretty popular out there with the 4x4 vehicles. They have an area called "mud lake" that people attempt to drive through. I don't know how many people I've seen get halfway and end up sinking and having to be pulled out. Overall, though, the place is a lot of fun and a good location to spend a day fooling around outdoors. Anyhow... I saw mention of that trail and thought I'd throw in some more info on it based off my personal experiences with it.

-Josh

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys,

Just wanted to quickly chime in about that Overland Loop trail. I live about 15 minutes from it and have done it more times than I can count. In numerous different vehicles, ranging from full size Dodge trucks, down to Jeep Wranglers. While the trail is accessible to larger vehicles, it's certainly not meant for them. I personally wouldn't take anything larger than my 4Runner on it anymore. It's a well maintained trail and is HEAVILY used. So you're guaranteed to see other people out there. I've never run into anyone that's been rude. All have been extremely nice and are always willing to help if needed. You will run into dirt bikes on the trail, so you'll want to watch out for that. I definitely recommend doing a test run with your group before heading out there, though. The trail can go from extremely easy to hardcore 4x4 only in no time, depending on the turn you take. This time of year is pretty popular out there with the 4x4 vehicles. They have an area called "mud lake" that people attempt to drive through. I don't know how many people I've seen get halfway and end up sinking and having to be pulled out. Overall, though, the place is a lot of fun and a good location to spend a day fooling around outdoors. Anyhow... I saw mention of that trail and thought I'd throw in some more info on it based off my personal experiences with it.

-Josh
Awesome! Thanks Josh. It's good to hear some insight on the trail from someone who has actually dinner it.

Thanks again,
Gabriel

Reactions: Jwoods360

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Email me at ray.tennal@rltennal.com. I could look into a group camp ground. If we have enough it might be cost effective if we have enough going.
Will do. If you could take on the campsite, I'd greatly appreciate it. We have 7 people coming if everyone can make it, so I'll let you decide if it's cost effective.

Also, how long are we expecting this trip to be?