Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone. I was looking to see if there is any other Whidbey natives on here. Maybe a run into the Casaceds would be fun with Whidbey people.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Kent R

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

That's one of the problems with the Navy base. People always coming and going.

Bets Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman
Yeah, a lot of the Nay pilots seem to think that our neighborhood is "the place" to live. We're surrounded by pilots. Which is kinda' nice. Otherwise we'd be surrounded by retired folk. And I'm gettin' tired of them.

-jim lee

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Folks,

The US Navy brought me here in 98. I've been here ever since. I live in Greenbank and work on the Island as a Structural Engineer.

I'm always looking for folks to go out on trips with. Hit me up if you are planning anything.
Will do! Good to see other Whidbey members!

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hay Whidbey Folks,
What is your all's availability for a weekend adventure in late March. I'm think of putting something together for a trip out to the peninsula exploring the south side of the Olympic Mt Range. I'm think this would be a late Friday departure via the Coupeville/Port Townsend Ferry (like later afternoon) then head south along the west side of the Olympics and set up camp about 3-4hrs later. Then continue southwesterly for Saturday via backgrouds. The goal for Sunday would get onto highways and head back towards Port Townsend.

This is all in the early development stage but would like to see your thoughts.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I agree with Jim, I think we should do a test run.

I'll check my schedule for March and see what happens.

On the Peninsula, there is a rather neat trail that I have wanted to do for some time. It's called the Overland Loop Trail. I hear good things about it. Also, there is supposed to be many trails around there in the State Forests. We could do that. It's only like a 3 hrs drive from OH.

Reactions: rltennal

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

That all sounds great. What information do you all have on this overland loop? If nothing else we could do a quick run out to Baker Lake. This could be a basecamp setup then we could explore the hot spring or something like that. My schedule is open at this point. So just let me know. Once we narrow down a weekend we can create a rally point and invite others in the area. We should limit it to about 10 rigs. Your thoughts?

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

That all sounds great. What information do you all have on this overland loop? If nothing else we could do a quick run out to Baker Lake. This could be a basecamp setup then we could explore the hot spring or something like that. My schedule is open at this point. So just let me know. Once we narrow down a weekend we can create a rally point and invite others in the area. We should limit it to about 10 rigs. Your thoughts?
I agree with the limiting. I like the idea of Baker Lake.

On the subject of the Overland Loop Trail. I have read several reviews and talked to Jedi, who has also confirmed that he has heard good things about it.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gabriel Bozeman, Welcome to the area. I'm sure we will have a short trip toward the end of March or Early April. I don't no about the rest of you all but I'm suffering from cabin fever. What is your availability for late March-Early April. I think our first trip this year will be out to the Baker Lake area. As soon as I can narrow down some dates from you all I will create the Rally Point.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Gabriel Bozeman, Welcome to the area. I'm sure we will have a short trip toward the end of March or Early April. I don't no about the rest of you all but I'm suffering from cabin fever. What is your availability for late March-Early April. I think our first trip this year will be out to the Baker Lake area. As soon as I can narrow down some dates from you all I will create the Rally Point.
I'm pretty open in March and in April. Since I am homeschooled, I have a large amount of wiggle room. So just shoot dates at me when you are open and I'll see what the schedule looks like.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Okay,

So I contacted another guy in Edmunds that might want to join. So we have 5 if everyone (including Anthony and the guy I messaged) makes it. That seems like a good number. What do y'all think?

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

@rltennal,

Turns out my schedule for late March/early April is filling up rather quickly.

I cannot do the 2 or 3 weekend in April. The 1st, 2nd or 3rd weekends or the weekend of the 30th in March are out as well.

I am open/can be open the weekend of the 23rd in March and the first weekend of April (depending on how long the trip is going to be).

Let me know what the open weekends look like for y'all.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman