which is your favorite method of going to the restroom when over landing?

• HTML tutorial

The Captain

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chelsea VIC, Australia
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Watts
Member #

I’ve heard if you stop eating, that really cuts down on the frequency - but who wants to do that?
Like they say... if you don't eat you don't shit, if you don't shit you die!

If we go away in the camper then we have a cassette toilet, when I go away on my own then its a shovel.
Dig a deep hole, make a deposit, burn the paper when you've finished and then backfill the hole. Just plain and simple old school methods.

Reactions: Get Out GO

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

We use a porta-potty . You can use the shovel (away from camp, bury it deep, burn the paper) but in lots of our wild camps you do stand a very real chance of getting eaten, hence the porta-potty...

IMG_4630 (95).JPG

PS. Camp bathrooms aren't necessarily safe either :wink:
Ha_poo_na_matata.jpg

Last edited:

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

I'd say an MRE Box and a smile. BUT... My wife made me buy one of them fancy wolf tent thingies. The kind without a floor that you can set up all quick like. So I set that up and hand her an e-tool and TP. It works.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

One of these.... (luggable loo)

In one of these.... (privacy tent)

After a week or so.... walk the bag out at least 200 yds from a water source, dig a hole, empty contents into the hole. Pack out the now empty (albeit smelly) bag.

HaroldCruz465

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Cruz
One more thing I wanted to share with you on why I'm using a chem toilet now vs. my old toilet which I used double doodie bags on was that those bags were getting costly and in the course of a year I realized I had spent more than the cost of a chem toilet, which only requires water and 1 packet of aqua chem per trip (which only costs $10 for a whole bag full, enough for one year). Whereas, when I was buying the double doodie waste bags, I was using 3-4 per trip at a cost of $2 per bag, but a box of 6 bags cost $12. With 10 trips per year, the cost of bags amounted to $60-$80 on top of the cost of the toilet. However, my chem toilet was only $80 with a $10 chem pack cost per year. So from a cost-value perspective, it was a better long term sensible option for me. Hope that helps.
Thi
One more thing I wanted to share with you on why I'm using a chem toilet now vs. my old toilet which I used double doodie bags on was that those bags were getting costly and in the course of a year I realized I had spent more than the cost of a chem toilet, which only requires water and 1 packet of aqua chem per trip (which only costs $10 for a whole bag full, enough for one year). Whereas, when I was buying the double doodie waste bags, I was using 3-4 per trip at a cost of $2 per bag, but a box of 6 bags cost $12. With 10 trips per year, the cost of bags amounted to $60-$80 on top of the cost of the toilet. However, my chem toilet was only $80 with a $10 chem pack cost per year. So from a cost-value perspective, it was a better long term sensible option for me. Hope that helps.
this makes sense. I’ll keep the cost in mind when making a purchase. Thanks