which is your favorite method of going to the restroom when over landing?

• HTML tutorial

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
We have gone back to using the PETT system with the tent. I originally had that for my Jeep outings as it folds down nicely. When I built my truck camper I put a portable chem toilet in which can be used anywhere as well. My issue with the chem toilet is, when you go to altitude, it pressurizes! I have not had an issue with the black tank leaking as it is sealed up well...but the fresh water side pushes water out into the bowl and then obviously ends up all over the place. Additionally, with the wag bags from the PETT system, those can be thrown into your trash carrier outside of the vehicle (Trasharoo or other).

Reactions: 64Trvlr
I've had the same one for over 10 years. Suitcase design packs easy.
Wag bags make for easy cleanup.
That and the Outback pop-open outhouse always go on every trip

i have a
CLEANWASTE D119PET Portable Toilet.
its built like a tank. works well, harder to break down. need to put lid under rear legs or buy a second lid.

View attachment 167616 View attachment 167630

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I love my porta-potti, it goes everywhere with us. I can dig a hole if absolutely necessary, but at this point in my life I feel like I deserve a decent throne. When its dark, raining, or snowing out, you really appreciate having a friend like this available.

porta potti 2.jpg

skijunkie

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Texas, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
K
Member #

The wife and I switched to a composting toilet from a cassette toilet early last year. It has changed our ability to stay out longer before returning to civilization. Easily we can stay completely remote for 3 weeks at a time. Longer is possible, but we usually find ourselves restocking food by that time anyway.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Highway Rest Area outhouses.
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Gas Stations.

I never carry a "porta pottie" thing and never poop in the woods.
As a runner, mountaineer I learned the right diet can really increase the time between bowel movements.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
If we're in a campsite then it'll probably have something, even if only a "long drop".

If we're "wild camping" we're doing it to get away from others in which case pick a spot and go with @GEARS's approach.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Tie them tight and throw them in my trasheroo.
And then what ?

Seriously, I have no idea how to dispose of both the bag and the contents. Holding tanks, yes easy, any sani dump. But what is the end game for plasti bags full of poop.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

We're required to pack out our waste in California so I bought a PETT toilet and a WolfWise pop-up tent. Gives a literal meaning to "pack your shit".
Its because our shit causes cancer in ca

• Haha
Reactions: RPilk