Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I don't like it at all when things and equipment tumble around loose in the car. On the one hand, you can't find a lot of things when you need them, and on the other hand, it can be dangerous. I prefer to have everything handy and yet well secured.

Now I have some pens, pencils, text highlighters, very simply attached and yet they are easily accessible. Taken an old broken tire tube from the motorcycle, cut a slice and fastened it so that the rubber is somewhat under tension similar to a rubber band. I was able to easily attach the piece around part of the cockpit trim. The pens, pencils, etc just clamp underneath. Cheap, just a little time and works easily and well. Keep it simple.

By the way, I have seen such a simple solution before in a fire department command vehicle.

20221109_160141.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Awesome. Love it.

Here is where mine sit.
3 pencils, a pen, a flashlight and a knife...with some free ice cream cone collection...lolView attachment 247378
Thank you. Awesome. Good to see some pencils there. Because many only carry ballpoint pens or similar and then these often don't work in cold or wet conditions.

Reactions: DevilDodge

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

To me it is simple. I have a pen on my person almost at all times. Fisher Space Pen bullet pen in that little 5th pocket of my pants or a Parker Jotter in my top chest pocket, all the way to the left in the pocket - not directly in front of the heart. I keep one in the center console. I keep one in my backpack. Working in IT I get laughed at for always having a pen - until someone needs it. Much like my Leatherman or swiss army knife.

To me, keeping pens in cubbies in the cab is a recipe for disaster with a potential poked eye in the event of a crash or hard stop