Bryan R.

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Resch
Looking for a Overland Builder in the Northeast region USA. No luck with Main Line Overland returning my calls , even to the owner. Guess they don't want my business.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Looking for a Overland Builder in the Northeast region USA. No luck with Main Line Overland returning my calls , even to the owner. Guess they don't want my business.
What kind of vehicle are you looking to build? What are your needs v. wants? Where will you be going with it and for how long?

Bryan R.

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Resch
What kind of vehicle are you looking to build? What are your needs v. wants? Where will you be going with it and for how long?
It's a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a 2 1/2" Boss Toytec suspension lift. I'm looking to replace stock side step for rock sliders and either an RSI smart cap EVOa or RLDDesigns stainless steel top. ADD honey Badger front bumper and stealth fighter rear bumper. Tires (285/75/16) are rubbing a little at times , that's the reason for bumper , besides just wanting it. I'm looking to just go off road to camp at dispersed camp sights. Not looking to go crazy mudding , just hitting access roads. I understand that a stock Tacoma could handle these needs but rock sliders are just in case. Also deciding what type of tools and Jack's for changing tires. Definitely jack stands for safety but should I go bottle jack or something different.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
The NorthEast region is covered here - Everything Else East Region

Your subject title and the section you posted in doesn't jive with your question, either. I would post your question in the section I just linked.

Reactions: Road

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

It's a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a 2 1/2" Boss Toytec suspension lift. I'm looking to replace stock side step for rock sliders and either an RSI smart cap EVOa or RLDDesigns stainless steel top. ADD honey Badger front bumper and stealth fighter rear bumper. Tires (285/75/16) are rubbing a little at times , that's the reason for bumper , besides just wanting it. I'm looking to just go off road to camp at dispersed camp sights. Not looking to go crazy mudding , just hitting access roads. I understand that a stock Tacoma could handle these needs but rock sliders are just in case. Also deciding what type of tools and Jack's for changing tires. Definitely jack stands for safety but should I go bottle jack or something different.
I don't know what your technical ability is, but most of that you can do yourself. If you MUST have someone do everything for you check OK4wd in Stewartsville, NJ.

For a jack go with safe jack (google it)
Stock tools are fine for changing tires. I use an ARB dual compressor and an air gun.
Order a Gazelle T4 tent and forget the RTT.
Make sure you have lighting. I use the Lightforce LED strips plugged into a lion energy safari LT. But I also have lighting on my truck.
Bumpers are a waste of money and weight IMO especially if you aren't doing anything hardcore. If the tires are rubbing use a heat gun and see if you can push back some fender liner or trim a bit off.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Moved to the appropriate section to get more traction

Reactions: M Rose and Road

Bryan R.

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Resch
Moved to the appropriate section to get more traction
Sorry about this. I'm really confused with this. I have not been here in over a year. I'll stop posting and get to learn this site before posting. I thought I was replying to someone's question. Won't happen again.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sorry about this. I'm really confused with this. I have not been here in over a year. I'll stop posting and get to learn this site before posting. I thought I was replying to someone's question. Won't happen again.
No problem at all, if you ever have a question about posting just ask.