Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
New to the Ogden area here! We were just talking about possibly heading to Moab area within the next few weeks for a quick trip.

Hello, If this is the Roam Bearded with the Youtube channel I follow your channel.
I spend a fair amount of time in the Moab area. If your looking for ideas of place to camp in Moab I may be able suggest a few.

AL

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Ogden, Utah 84403, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

New to the Ogden area here! We were just talking about possibly heading to Moab area within the next few weeks for a quick trip.

Hello, If this is the Roam Bearded with the Youtube channel I follow your channel.
I spend a fair amount of time in the Moab area. If your looking for ideas of place to camp in Moab I may be able suggest a few.

AL
That's awesome man, thanks for the support and we will be getting going again here again soon on the channel.
We would be super grateful for some suggestions on where to check out in the Moab area. We moved here on a whim without any connections or experience with the area. But that's part of the adventure right? lol

Reactions: UTDez23

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
Absolutely, it is part of the adventure. Give me a few days and i'll make up a list of some of the places i've camped along with any tips or knowledge I have about the places.

CHERRS!!
AL

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
Hello,

Here are a few places I know about:

Gemini Bridges runs between SR 191 and SR 313. It’s a great run but very limited camping.

I camped in Brides Canyon (38.612 109.664) which has 5 dispersed camp sites with only fire rings and no water.

The BLM requires all campers to have a camp toilet system.

Because the camping is limited all the sites fill up early.

On my trip all the sites where taken by mid afternoon.

Cowboy Campground (38.56059 109.7937) this is a fee C.G. ( Fire ring, table and outhouse.)

Campground is close to Dead Horse State Park, Canyonlands or you can drive North on SR 313 and hit the Gemini Bridges road.

Long Canyon Road ( 38.5548 109.7639 ) I have not camped there but I am told there is good camping there that over looks Dead Horse State park.

Hope this helps you getting started on your new adventure.
If you are looking to head farther South you may want to look at Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley.
HAPPY CAMPING!!!

CHEERS.

Reactions: ShortyDaMoose

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

Hello,

Here are a few places I know about:

Gemini Bridges runs between SR 191 and SR 313. It’s a great run but very limited camping.

I camped in Brides Canyon (38.612 109.664) which has 5 dispersed camp sites with only fire rings and no water.

The BLM requires all campers to have a camp toilet system.

Because the camping is limited all the sites fill up early.

On my trip all the sites where taken by mid afternoon.

Cowboy Campground (38.56059 109.7937) this is a fee C.G. ( Fire ring, table and outhouse.)

Campground is close to Dead Horse State Park, Canyonlands or you can drive North on SR 313 and hit the Gemini Bridges road.

Long Canyon Road ( 38.5548 109.7639 ) I have not camped there but I am told there is good camping there that over looks Dead Horse State park.

Hope this helps you getting started on your new adventure.
If you are looking to head farther South you may want to look at Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley.
HAPPY CAMPING!!!

CHEERS.
This is great! Really appreciate it and we will certainly be checking them out! We'll have to meet up and kick back with a cold on by the fire sometime!

Reactions: AL Z.

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
This is great! Really appreciate it and we will certainly be checking them out! We'll have to meet up and kick back with a cold on by the fire sometime!
Absolutely, If your looking for something a little different you may want to check out the Cathedral Valley loop, which is partly in Capital Reef N.P.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Good to hear from some UT peeps! I've been an OB member for a few years, but have been MIA from it for about a year 1/2 now. Looking to get back in communication and also possibly try and connect with some fellow members on some trips.

I live in SLC and make it out to southern UT at least once a month to camp/explore during the spring/summer/fall season. Been doing it since I was a kid so pretty well versed in a lot of differing spots in the state, but SO much more to see! My wife and I have some land with an airstream on it down near Bryce/Kanab so am in that neck of the woods relatively frequently. I mostly camp/hike/relax/photograph and try to do some biking when out, not a ton of hardcore wheeling but for sure like to run dirt roads and trails here and there. Just love to get out and enjoy.

Anywho, good to hear from y'all and hope to keep some comms going for sure. Cheers :sunglasses:

Wyotroutguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Utah
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I have a route planned I’ve been wanting to check out, I’ve done Most of it at different times but never all at once, it would be starting by little Moab and it’s 203 miles ending at a geothermal lake that stays 70* year round then from there it’s a quick shot to wendover and i80 home figured it should be an easy 2 dayer.

Reactions: UTDez23 and AL Z.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

I have a route planned I’ve been wanting to check out, I’ve done Most of it at different times but never all at once, it would be starting by little Moab and it’s 203 miles ending at a geothermal lake that stays 70* year round then from there it’s a quick shot to wendover and i80 home figured it should be an easy 2 dayer.
Does it follow some of the old Pony Express Trail? I have also been researching routes in that general area, never really been but always wanted to. Looks cool for sure.. Also really want to visit the Deep Creek range out near the UT/NV border along the Ibapah reservation.

Wyotroutguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Utah
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Does it follow some of the old Pony Express Trail? I have also been researching routes in that general area, never really been but always wanted to. Looks cool for sure.. Also really want to visit the Deep Creek range out near the UT/NV border along the Ibapah reservation.
There’s a bit of it on the pony express. But only across the sections that I needed it to be. I’m not personally the biggest fan of the pony, there’s much better trails out there. But this route should be pretty solid.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Been super busy as of late and haven't had the chance to follow up here, but looking to do a little excursion next weekend if anyone is interested/available to join. Planning to head down to the eastern/lower San Rafael desert/Maze Canyonlands area late Thursday 4/222 thru Sunday 4/25. Planning to try & find a BLM campsite a couple miles west of the Hans Flat Ranger station off the main road and do a day trip driving/hiking exploration along the flint trail access road heading south along NP633 (not hitting the actual flint trail itself down into the Maze, but staying up top on the mesa) and check out Happy Canyon and Flint Trail overlooks along the way and then hike out to Lands End. Plans are always fluid but this is the hope. Haven't been down to this specific area in about 15 years or so. Just looking to get out and relax, explore a bit, take some good photos and chill. Be great to try and connect with a few of y'all if possible :sunglasses: Some further links to maps/info about the area NPS Maze Google Map - Camp to Lands End - WillHiteWeb.com

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

Reactions: TheWrexTerra

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

Been super busy as of late and haven't had the chance to follow up here, but looking to do a little excursion next weekend if anyone is interested/available to join. Planning to head down to the eastern/lower San Rafael desert/Maze Canyonlands area late Thursday 4/222 thru Sunday 4/25. Planning to try & find a BLM campsite a couple miles west of the Hans Flat Ranger station off the main road and do a day trip driving/hiking exploration along the flint trail access road heading south along NP633 (not hitting the actual flint trail itself down into the Maze, but staying up top on the mesa) and check out Happy Canyon and Flint Trail overlooks along the way and then hike out to Lands End. Plans are always fluid but this is the hope. Haven't been down to this specific area in about 15 years or so. Just looking to get out and relax, explore a bit, take some good photos and chill. Be great to try and connect with a few of y'all if possible :sunglasses: Some further links to maps/info about the area NPS Maze Google Map - Camp to Lands End - WillHiteWeb.com
This sounds awesome It's too bad I've got family coming to town next weekend. If we ever actually plan a trip, rather than just wander off aimlessly, I'll be sure to keep this thread alive.

Reactions: AL Z. and UTDez23

TheWrexTerra

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Ogden, Weber County, Utah, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Francis
Member #

Reactions: Roam Bearded