What Type Of Battery Does Your Vehicle Have?

• HTML tutorial

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I've come to the point where it's time for a new battery in the Jeep. Just wondering what brand / type most of you are using as a primary battery? It's been a few years since I last purchased one.

Thanks

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Mine is a Interstate currently, when it dies I plan on putting in an Optima.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Odyssey is my AUX batt. Exide AGM is an upgrade to the starter battery (larger size). Did some research, mostly looking for good quality AGM batts in the right sizes. The Odyssey seemed to be getting better reviews than the yellow tops.

Using a Traxide D3-BS dual battery isolator kit.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I replaced the seven year old OEM battery in my Outback just before our cross-country trip. I've had excellent life and cranking power with Interstate Battery's Mega-Tron line over the years, so that's what I bought again.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Nice setup. I had a similar setup in my old Chevy Blazer. I loved having dual batteries, it was nice to be able to isolate them and not run lighting and accessories off of my main battery..
Thanks, been real happy with it. It is great being able to run everything needed while camping and not have to worry about the cranking battery.

Jacob_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I'm using a 5 year old diehard platinum. It currently shows no signs of weakness and I hope it lasts me a few more years. Now that they are discontinued I am not sure what I will purchase.
Deka agm and lifeline are on my shortlist.

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

The Deka Intimidator is an excellent battery. I use them in all my vehicles. Handles winches without a hick-up and they are made in the USA.

Hank