Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Hello all !.....

I joined Overland Bound in early 2016 after watching a few YouTube clips ,like a lot of people i guess ?
That led me to checking out the forums, at that stage there were only a few Australians active and it has been so great to see the increase in interest from Australia and worldwide to date !

The Overlanding / Touring movement is growing worldwide to be sure...and we have all been involved in "pages", groups and other communities ...and in a short period of time..........well.......,you just want to leave ! due to the behavior, tone, mood etc.

I know the work that goes on "behind the scenes" on the Forums by a dedicated team,to maintain a balanced, friendly and enjoyable experience.
To be part of the team, (after all I'm just an "old bloke with a little car" ) is such an honor and having met @Michael on a few occasions...I know that 10k member count is not far off .

I just wanted to share my OLB experience thus far and to repeat that i am so glad I found this great community, which continues to blow my mind, on how approachable, friendly and ready to share it is !

Cheers for now

Luis OB1962

Last edited:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Nicely put Luis,

I must say I'm of the same opinion joining in 2016 as well,

There certainly is alot of hard work and effort put in by not only the OB staff & moderators but also the community itself - like with anything, you only get out what you put in,

As OB is growing in more international users & members this will only grow and hopefully continue to be a valuable resource for those who wish to participate