Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
As far as set up preference, I could sleep almost anywhere. Preference would be my bed inside my camper shell. It’s comfortable, private, has everything I need. Nothing to setup, breakdown, or put away. Just crawl in and sleep.

Cons - limited head room. Only fits two people max.

Temudjin

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cashmere QLD 4500 Australia
Member #

I have been using an Oztent with a stretcher and sleeping bag for a few years now - comfy and l sleep well. But next Monday l pick up my trailer - a Pod Extreme - and then a few weeks later it gets a Bush Company roof top tent on it's extended racks. With a 270 degree 30 Second Awning on the passenger side and a Quick Pitch Shower Tent on the driver side I'll be ready to go. Much quicker to set up and pull down and no need to lift the heavy Oztent on and off the roof anymore it should be great.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Hammock

Pro* - It's like being suspended by angels between two clouds, softly being rocked to sleep.
Con - You need at least one tree or a stand to make it work. If you travel with a partner, you have to sleep separate.

*Serious Pro - You get an incredibly flat, comfortable and supple sleeping surface with the right gear. Rain/muddy ground is of no concern and general condensation is much less than a ground tent. They are quick to set up and take up minimal storage space in the rig. A properly hung hammock will leave absolutely no trace anybody was ever there, which is my favorite aspect.

IMG_20190730_091958.jpg

Last edited:

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
RTT for now. I enjoy the ability to always be off the ground. This is especially nice when camping in bear/big cat country, but even when I go to National Parks in a traditional campground people aren't looking into your tent.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

stubbs

Rank I

Contributor III

Utah
First Name
John
Last Name
Clawson
Late reply but only just got out camping again after the trailer rebuild.
How do you like that kitchen setup? I’ve been debating something like that vs a plywood chuck box vs my current setup, which is simply an additional folding table (one for cooking, one for eating) with a storage tote full of kitchen gear.

Reactions: Luis Merlo