What is your favorite or most memorable trail and why?

• HTML tutorial

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

Hey y'all just wanted to hear what are some of peoples most memorable trail that they have run and some reason's why! I'm always curious to see what makes people like or dislike trails because everybody's preferences can vary so much.

My most memorable trail is Charlie's Creek Rd near Clayton and Hiawasee, GA. It is actually part of the Georgia Traverse, but I did not know that until recently getting involved on this forum. This trail is not particularly difficult, but it offers some wonderful scenic views and when take at a comfortable speed can easily be a couple hour ride. The reason this trail is so memorable for me is it has always been a starting point or testing ground if you will for me. My dad used to own a 2007 Chevy Duramax and we took his truck down Charlie's Creek Rd during an annual trout fishing trip and boy was I hooked! I was probably only 13 at the time but I still remember that run to this day. Soon after the bug bit him as well and we outfitted our then-stock 2006 TJ Wrangler 6-speed (15,000 miles in 6 years) with all the bells and whistles: 4.5" lift, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Eaton e-Lockers, 4.56 gears, X2O winch, Smittybilt Bumpers and sliders etc... It was the real deal and we took it for a weekend to the mountains to ride trails and Charlie's Creek was the first one we hit, further hooking me. When I got old enough to drive I only had enough money for a 4 cyl 1st Gen Tacoma PreRunner. I budget lifted it and put Nitto Trail Grapplers on it and even though it was 2wd, I took it to Charlie's Creek Rd to break it in. Charlie's Creek Rd has been kind of a tradition for my in the past and that why it's most memorable.

I can't wait to hear from some of y'all.IMG_0306.JPG

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I grew on a trail west of fort collins colorado..called 7 mile creek rd. Went with my dad. Had an old 76 jeep wagoneer. Remember every time We broke down or something broke 50% of the time. It was a trip we did three times a year to a camping spot. Remember when I got my license and my first vehicle was a jeep and tried to do it solo the first time. Ended up having to walk 10 miles out to a road for help. That oh ive been down this trail a thousand times.. think a cocky 16 year old learned a few lessons. I still do it with dad once a year and alot by my self in the winter. But that was what got me into the four wheeling game. Id much rather be the slow pick your approach overlander than a hard core rammy jammie wheeler any day. Learned along time ago that it only breaks stuff. Slow is smooth

Reactions: RedPreRunner4x4

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

That’s awesome man! Yeah my dad always taught me to that if you go slow and easy you might make it home. I am trying to plan out and take a couple weeks off work this spring to go out to Utah, Colorado and Wyoming to ride some trails. I went on a normal road trip this past March with a couple buddies through Denver so snowboard, snowmobile, up through Laramie, and back home through the Badlands and Black Hills. I fell in love with the area and I can’t wait to get back and do some riding around.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

When you get out this way let me know. I live in the fort collins area. My gf and I are headed to moab in two weeks. Place is amazing and looking to do more utah stuff in march. Wyoming and both Colorado, utah has some crazy nice places to explore. Wish doing it full time payed as well as working full time haha

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

I’ll definitely be sure to look you up. Yeah I wish overlanding payed better, but it makes me appreciate the time I do get to explore even more. Unfortunately being so far on the east coast I pretty much will have to take 2 weeks any time I want to get out that way. I have not done it in my truck yet, but am looking forward to it. My buddies want to plan a trip to Moab but the 2 week thing is what makes it complicated for them. I am on flat rate so it’s a lot easier for me to take off (unpaid unfortunately) but they cannot get off as easily and as often.