Potsdam, NY, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Searles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2SOC
Streamlight Protac 2L. This one has been in my support side pants pocket every single day going on 4 years, on duty as a backup and off duty as an edc light. Its showing some significant wear, the finish is gone around the tail cap, bezel (Both have some chips and gouges in the aluminum), and the entire circumference where the pocket clip end meets the body of the light is bare aluminum. For a few years before this flashlight i carried... a Protac 2L. Only reason i stopped carrying that one is because I smashed the lens out using it to bang on the starter of my old Jeep TJ in a parking lot. Otherwise I'm sure it would still be running fine. Great output, the ten-tap system is pretty cool, its slim in the pocket, and above all else; i cant seem to kill the thing. I keep a streamlight survivor LED in the door pocket of my rig. When I was a LEO i used the streamlight Protac HL in a pouch on my belt and now it lives on my battle belt. As for weapon lights; I do not carry one on my edc G19, but a Surefire X300U was my jam when I was on the job, and my fighting rifle wears a surefire m600.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

My iphone. I don't carry a flashlight on my person other than that unless I'm out camping or similar.

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I EDC a Thrunite Ti4 Neutral White. It's a AAAx2 penlight, 252 lumens. I also have a Thrunite TC20 Neutral White that goes with me on occasion. Thrunite Ti4.jpgThrunite TC20.JPG

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I used to have an awesome 2 d cell maglite with old ebay LED conversion on my drivers seat frame in my old JK. Let it go with the jeep. I am now purchasing a trio of new mag lite LED lights for each of our rigs. I am a believer in good brand names. My buddy has a bunch of police security lights from wally world. Even with the old crappy LED conversion bulb in my mag lite, it was better. Judging by what I saw from the factory mag LEDs, they should be excellent. Plus, you can still use them as a hammer if needed!

Reactions: SquishBang

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I dont carry a flashlight around in my pocket all day. I have multiples of the nicron n7 laying around everywhere. One is stuck to my front door, one in every glovebox, one in back pack, one in tool bag and one in the gun safe.
My only complaint is that the rechargeable battery runs down in about 20 min on high power. It will run 45 min medium power with a normal AA batteries.15845308481421772344388.jpg1584530877549792065108.jpg1584530902521868343388.jpg

Reactions: grubworm

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I used to have an awesome 2 d cell maglite with old ebay LED conversion on my drivers seat frame in my old JK. Let it go with the jeep. I am now purchasing a trio of new mag lite LED lights for each of our rigs. I am a believer in good brand names. My buddy has a bunch of police security lights from wally world. Even with the old crappy LED conversion bulb in my mag lite, it was better. Judging by what I saw from the factory mag LEDs, they should be excellent. Plus, you can still use them as a hammer if needed!
I'm glad you mentioned Maglite! They have made great strides in their product lineup to catch-up to the excellent Chinese lights. I love that Maglite is still made in USA. I have a protocol, when I buy Chinese flashlights like my Fenix, Thrunite and Streamlights I always buy a Maglite because I want to support American manufacturing. They now have neutral-white LED flashlights (I'm a huge NW fan).

One thing I've noticed, even though the Chinese lights are technically superior on paper, say a Maglie is 192 lumens and a Chinese light is 400 lumens (which is a metric many people use to make a decision) in real life you almost can't tell the light output difference.
One knock on Maglite I wish they would fix: beam pattern. Their rotating head produces a donut hole. I wish Maglite would release an orange-peel reflector option.

I use only MagTac flashlights for my weapon lights. Turns out that Maglite beam and the way the tail cap switch functions works perfect as a weapon light. The "plain bezel" Magtac doesn't have "strobe" function which I think is the most useless function of every Chinese light I own.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I know. Annoying. I can't wait until the snow is gone here so we can get out camping etc. I am cooped up here now, only able to go on short snowshoe walks with the family. We would be up in the woods until this entire thing has blown over, thats for sure. Back to our regularly scheduled program. The maglite is still probably the best overall light available.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

I've been carrying a Coast HX5 for around 4 years now. It's performed properly & I like the 2 way clip that can serve double duty as a belt clip & headlight

15846457879416997694570628477888.jpg