Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Found this today as a barn find the guy said he will take $1300. What should I watch out for?
IMG_0553.JPGIMG_0552.JPGIMG_0551.JPG

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
I'm no expert, but I'd look for floor rust, and rust on any suspension components.

Do the brakes work?

I'd try and hit him at 1100 if I were you.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
I'm no expert, but I'd look for floor rust, and rust on any suspension components.

Do the brakes work?

I'd try and hit him at 1100 if I were you.[/QUOTE
the brakes work .

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I'm no expert on these at all, so I'm curious, what model of military trailer is this one? What do they typically go for when in solid shape?

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
He has military gearin it, that he sells. he told me a m1101-A2. I’m am not versed in military stuff, so not positive.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

There's definitely a lot of info out there when you search that model number, which is good.

Reactions: rioga74

Jube

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

NW Arkansas
Member #

I'd inquire about the paperwork, title and registration. Is it transferable? That can be an obstacle on military trailers. Also you'll want to convert it to 12v if not already? My son in law bought one like it a year ago for $800. It didn't have the tarp and had been converted to 12v LED lights. I would have rated the trailer he got as very good to excellent condition. They're very well built tough trailers!! Good luck!

Makrinos001

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pittsburgh, PA
Member #

That's an M101a military trailer. They were built for size but lighter than an all-steel construction. If I remember correctly they are all aluminum but are still heavy because of their size. There was a guy near me selling close to a dozen of these without the canopy and tarp for 900 and they were in great shape. I'd shoot for 900 if I were you.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
That's an M101a military trailer. They were built for size but lighter than an all-steel construction. If I remember correctly they are all aluminum but are still heavy because of their size. There was a guy near me selling close to a dozen of these without the canopy and tarp for 900 and they were in great shape. I'd shoot for 900 if I were you.
Yea he wouldn’t take 700 so I passed. It was sold that day.