Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle is the spice of the month at our house. From California olive oil on sliced Zucchini to Burgers and fries it just seems to work. Montreal steak is also good chuckoverland!

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

He who controls the spice controls the universe.
Thats where my mind went lol
F958CE48-2A28-401C-8074-54F90D3E4D4E.jpeg

But for me it’s Cholula and Hate Dust. You can find the dust for sale occasionally in the cultish FB group The Hate Project. Farmer Rob raises money for children’s charities by mixing up a potent batch of (super) hot seasoning. Various salts and peppers (ghost, reaper and scorpion IIRC). I haven’t been back in about two years because the last bag is still going strong :sweatsmile:

• Wow
Reactions: grubworm

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Seeing as I am coming from Motorcycle Overlanding and just getting into Vehicle style travel, I have always kept things very simple.
Salt, pepper, sugar and my favorite, Lawry's season salt.
Now that I have a larger vehicle, I will carry a lot more herbs/spices.

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

Since I last posted on this thread, I started making my own sort of Adobo seasoning. God knows what it actually has in it on any given trip other than salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some kind of chili. The latest batch has some turmeric in it for some odd reason (color, more than anything). I also take some part of a huge vat of Zatarain's crab boil seasoning I picked up in case there is fish or shellfish involved in the trip.

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

i take the Hillshire farms sausage cut it into 2" long pieces and boil it in the crab boil for 1/2 hr and then kill the heat and let it cool in the pot and soak up the flavor...pretty good
I usually use Anduoille sausage if at all possible in my low country boil. If just crab or shrimp (or if broiling fish), it's the crab boil seasoning.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
This spice blend is insanely good.
Makes the best avocado toast (yes, I'm from So Cal).
View attachment 135276 View attachment 135275
the wife picked up some a couple months ago from trader joes...i'm pretty impressed with it. definitely worth having in the rack and the sea salt in it is milder and tasted better than regular salt used in the more common spice mixes

Reactions: WAYAWAY

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

the wife picked up some a couple months ago from trader joes...i'm pretty impressed with it. definitely worth having in the rack and the sea salt in it is milder and tasted better than regular salt used in the more common spice mixes
It's really good in roasted veggies.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Since salt doesn't count I'll go with coarse ground pepper.

There is a lot of other stuff I bring along but those 2 will get a lot of good cooking done.