Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I was real close to installing the diesel in my Cruiser. The parts are available but, most have to be imported. Having driven one, the slight power drop is nothing compared to the mileage increase. Especially if you have the dual fuel tank option.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I was real close to installing the diesel in my Cruiser. The parts are available but, most have to be imported. Having driven one, the slight power drop is nothing compared to the mileage increase. Especially if you have the dual fuel tank option.
I guess I can tolerate the rig being down while parts are shipping. That's why I have a beater car. MPGs are a big consideration, but I don't want to give up on certain things like solid axles and simpler electronics for a slight increase in MPG's.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My concern with an imported rig is mainly the availability of parts should anything go wrong. I haven't devoted much time into looking at the diesels for that reason. It is on my radar, but I do need to research what the differences are to make sure I can repair it.
Getting spares or repairs on the engine is easy and there are a lot of shops with technitions to work on it. I looked for the 1hzed engine which is a basic farm tractor motor. I found replacement engines in Japan, Europe and Australia. Aside from the engine everything else is the same. Good luck/have fun. ROLL TIDE.