What information to include when planning a trip?

• HTML tutorial

Travelatomoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

Hi!
So i am currently making a few maps of overland routes that i would like to do in the future and also share with you guys. I am using Google Maps and Google Earth at the moment to search and create routes. While creating the actual driving route is no problem to me i am wondering what facilities or attractions i should include along the way?

so far i have been thinking of including the following:
  • National Parks
  • Provincial Parks + Recreation Sites
  • Campsites
  • Gas Stations
  • Emergency Services (Police Stations and Hospitals)

I don't want the maps to be crowded with too much but i would like to include some information. What else should i include or take away?

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

If you're trying to keep the map as clean as possible, you can probably take off police stations. Unless you have some personal reason for visiting them, in an emergency they're coming to you.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Or add it all and if you are able to give the option to turn on what you want / need to see at the moment. Or as you zoom in it should clean it up a bit???

Include awesome food stops... hole in the wall type places/ diners!

Hey Now!

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I agree with Teague, cops will come to you if need be. Looks good otherwise.

Travelatomoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

yeah i was thinking police stations weren't that necessary but thought id include it in my list to see what you guys thought and your right i don't need it on my maps they will most likely come to me in an event. @NYY On Google My Maps you can filter layers so i am able to turn off and on certain things for sure. also good eatin food joints and maybe the odd craft beer store or brewery could be included? haha who doesnt like a good bite to eat and a delicious beer on the road! Thanks for your guy's input if you think of anything else let me know!