Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

What if we could get some gear sponsors, and every month toward the end, do a members raffle and giveaway and donate the funds acquired via raffle ticket sales toward and adopt-a-trail type campaign? Could even just do pre-paid visas instead of vehicle specific gear, so this way every month SOMEONE could look forward to a small upgrade or something? Id surely be willing to spend a few bucks a month on a raffle ticket or two to for the chance to win some cool rig accessories, or a card with some cash on it to put toward my own build! I think it could be great for member morale! Gives back to our community, and gives back to the trails we all so love!
Food for thought!

Bounc3

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oregon
What if we could get some gear sponsors, and every month toward the end, do a members raffle and giveaway and donate the funds acquired via raffle ticket sales toward and adopt-a-trail type campaign? Could even just do pre-paid visas instead of vehicle specific gear, so this way every month SOMEONE could look forward to a small upgrade or something? Id surely be willing to spend a few bucks a month on a raffle ticket or two to for the chance to win some cool rig accessories, or a card with some cash on it to put toward my own build! I think it could be great for member morale! Gives back to our community, and gives back to the trails we all so love!
Food for thought!
Not a bad idea. Also a great platform for sponsors and companies that want to get their name out.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@RoverLandingSOCAL

The a woodworking club I used to be a member of did something like this every month. A mix of internal and external donations were raffled off. Moneys were split between various charities through out the year, and funding prizes for the next raffle.

Gift cards / store credit sound like a good way of keeping shipping low. How could it be done so that our international folks could remain involved?

Boort

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

A long time ago on a forum I used to sponsor on would do something similar. They would do a rig of the month contest where one vendor would give either a physical product or a gift card to their store.... I like the idea and I would be up to doing it but we don't ship international.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Love the interest this is gaining! For international winners, perhaps an option to opt out of a physical prize and trade it in for a pre-paid visa of the same value? then re-raffle the passed prize on the next months raffle? I bet @Michael and @Corrie along with the rest of our badass OB staff could figure it out! We have a large enough community here that doing this month to month is VERY reasonable. What say ye, oh OB Maestros?!

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Who doesn't like free gear. Being new to the site does the group ever do "group buys" from vendors. Another .org i belong to got us a good deal on our vector bars for Ram mounts an a deal for TrashaRoo's with club logo on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Food for thought!
This is a really cool idea. I like the idea of a raffle or some kind of fundraiser. I think protecting trails and public land is super important, but what if we adopted a group to give donations to regularly or partner with for adventures? I know my union (International Association of Firefighters) has adopted Muscular Dystrophy and have remained loyal to them to this day. With our troops coming home with PTSD and with our local public safety dealing with very serious issues of suicide. What if we partnered with some of these groups to see if we can offer taking veterans on some adventures and giving them a chance to get into the outdoors and make friends. I know the need exists, and I know that the outdoors heals the mind. It would be cool if OB did something like that and partnered with someone who shares the same passion.

Another group that is in need of encouragement are parents. Especially dad’s. This is a very difficult time for fathers raising children. We are fighting an uphill battle. If we partnered with someone like Eric Davis (former navy seal and author) to come and speak at Overland gatherings encouraging parents to adventure with their children that would be incredible. He is very positive, adventurous believes in team building and a genuine badass! Our kids and our minds are at stake. I think these are noble things to fight for, and what we are passionate for could help save or change lives!!!