Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Hey guys.... just in case you didn't know who I am I'm Raul owner of Xpedition outfitters. we have been given permission to do monthly deals and last month I ran a deal on the Outer Limit Supply first aid kids...

We had about 150 people add the first aid kits to their carts but had zero people actually take advantage of the 10% off.

So I need your help... what type of gear do you guys want to see deals on so I can work on it.
I am currently revamping the whole site with new categories and slowly adding new products but I can pretty much get anything you guys need.

So lets hear it.... What would you like to see for next months gear deal?

Thank you guys for the info

-Raul

[Moderator approved post for Member/Contributor/Benefactor Deals forums]

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SubeeBen

I've been wanting a set of MaxTrax boards for years, but I can't justify the cost. If we could get the price down with a group purchase, or a sale, I would most likely buy (pending the approval of my better half).
Check out tuff stuff4x4.com I believe their product is $119

Reactions: ChewBaccus

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey Raul - thanks for asking!

I think it depends on what you can get and pass on to OB members at a good savings over what they can find elsewhere online. People are shoppers and check around. A lot of what looks like a deal on the surface ends up being the same deal, or actually costs more, than one can get at vendors elsewhere. It's a wicked competitive market online and most folks want as much bang for their buck as possible while still supporting local businesses.

A short list of what you can offer members while still making something for yourself, but that represents a savings for OB members when compared to elsewhere, will result in sales.

Last edited:

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I agree with ROAD..Look at almost every post in every section of this website.. Somebody has said what type of deals they get off Amazon and Amazon Prime..Even eBay with free shipping.. Let us know what you'd be interested in giving deals on after you shop those sites and come up with lower pricing..Competitive pricing sucks for the vendor but is great for the consumer..As a side..I've been considering the X Bull traction plates..:smile::sunglasses:

Reactions: Raul B

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey guys.... just in case you didn't know who I am I'm Raul owner of Xpedition outfitters. we have been given permission to do monthly deals and last month I ran a deal on the Outer Limit Supply first aid kids...

We had about 150 people add the first aid kits to their carts but had zero people actually take advantage of the 10% off.

So I need your help... what type of gear do you guys want to see deals on so I can work on it.
I am currently revamping the whole site with new categories and slowly adding new products but I can pretty much get anything you guys need.

So lets hear it.... What would you like to see for next months gear deal?

Thank you guys for the info

-Raul

[Moderator approved post for Member/Contributor/Benefactor Deals forums]
Raul - Looking back at my earlier reply, I'm not sure it's actually very helpful to throw it back at you to come up with a list. I suspect the things members might want will be as diverse as the membership itself, so damned near impossible for you to come up with a list. It would just be hit or miss.

Sooo, only speaking for myself, I'd love to see deals on items like the below, all of which I have and would like more of:

- A variety of dry bags/drysacks I can put inside a rucksack for hiking or panniers for biking, or lash down outside to my rack or trailer for over the road. Like offered by Osprey or SealLine and Sea to Summit. Larger gear bags like the Monsoon Bag from FrontRunner fall into the same category. I'm getting ready to get more of both, especially another Monsoon Bag.

- FrontRunner Expander Camp Chairs - I have two and absolutely love them. I've tried Helionox and ARB chairs and OZTent's Rhino camp chairs and either sold or gave most of them away. I want to get two more, they are so completely functional, easy to use and store, and keep me sitting much more comfortably without slouching. I mean, at 82 yrs old, I gotta watch my posture :tonguewink:.

- Free Spirit Recreation's Ready Light - freakin' best lights I've ever owned for all around camp and trail use. I've written about them elsewhere so won't jam up this thread. I'll be getting two more at some point for workshops and small group camping.

- Survival Kit Boxes like those offered by Best Glide Aviation Survival Equipment. These are super sturdy and very handy kit boxes to keep ready and packed with all sorts of stuff. I use them for edge-sharpening gear, another with basic first-aid stuff, another with fishing gear, etc, all labeled on the outside in clear pouches.

- Interest in bushcraft seems to be on the rise among new members and among campers/travelers in general, and I suspect any good deals you can pass on in that regard will result in some sales. Mora knives, fire starters, sturdy packs, just all sorts of stuff.

Might be worth researching what you can put together for a bundle that no one else offers, that will still provide a profit while providing a deal for members. Like a survival bundle, bushcraft bundle, camp cookware/utensils bundle, typical Ram-mount set up bundle, etc.

If it is offered here for the same or less as elsewhere on line, I'd be glad to purchase from you. I like the idea of a member discounts, though realize it's not always doable at low margins. Shipping costs is what kills it for me sometimes, especially when being shipped from overseas or all the way from west coast to coast of Maine.

Thanks again for asking, @Raul B - hope this helps in some way.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I'm all on the other side of the planet, so this wouldn't really help me :P
But I think first aid kits are one of the basic things everybody has.. even if not off roading.

Maybe add things like recovery boards, or any other recovery stuff like straps. Or knives and lights always seem in demand, or a good set of strudy boxes for storage!

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks for the info guys... keep them coming! Ill be launching new deal next month and I'm taking all these suggestions seriously....

-Raul
Another thing that comes to mind, Raul - a lot of folks lean towards purchases where they know a portion of the sale goes towards a non-profit they appreciate, like Tread Lightly!, Leave No Trace, & CORVA, or to Cancer Society, or any org rated highly by sites like Charity Watch. I've been known to even pay a slightly higher price when I know that's the case.

fj.adventure

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sparta WI
Member #

I think deals on anything to do With recovery would go over good or a trasharoo. Stuff people don’t think of right off the bat but they see and say “yeah that would be nice to have” you you put stuff that people always think of on sale their just going to shop around for the best price reguardless of sale. But that’s just my 2 cents