What do we think of Anker's new battery-powered cooler?

• HTML tutorial

SocalCruisin

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hartford
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I just don’t see what advantage this has over a separate power source and cooler.
Physical space and weight. I don’t need a power source for anything else like a drone or laptop, so why get a huge power source just for a fridge?
I ended up getting the Anker Everfrost Dual Zone 50. I don't use any other tech, so this is a perfect setup for me.

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
I ended up getting the Anker Everfrost Dual Zone 50. I don't use any other tech, so this is a perfect setup for me.
I went ahead and ordered the 30 with solar panel.

Hoping it’ll be big enough. Without needing ice, it should last me a couple days at a time worth of food. When my wife, my kiddo, and I camp together for two days, we use a 52 liter with two bags of ice.

Reactions: SocalCruisin

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Definitely looks intriguing. Though I must admit, I find the claim of a 299wh battery running a cooler at 39 for 42 hours a bit of a stretch unless they've managed to source the most efficient compressor ever conceived. That said, I'm tempted to look at the 40 with an extra battery, but I'm kind of wanting dual zone, and the 50 is too big for what I need. I've been eyeing Setpower with either the RV45D or the new PT series.

Reactions: CafeRoaster

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Definitely looks intriguing. Though I must admit, I find the claim of a 299wh battery running a cooler at 39 for 42 hours a bit of a stretch unless they've managed to source the most efficient compressor ever conceived. That said, I'm tempted to look at the 40 with an extra battery, but I'm kind of wanting dual zone, and the 50 is too big for what I need. I've been eyeing Setpower with either the RV45D or the new PT series.
I ended up opting for the 30 and the solar panel. I don't have a solar setup, and probably won't need much of one, so this one should be plenty.

Boredazhell20

Rank 0

Contributor II

Utah, USA
First Name
Moses
Last Name
Han
Was looking for a forum on this cooler to see if anybody has some good hacks on it.

I have the 40L and love it. The battery is removable. Right now it’s plugged in my garage keeping my beers cold while I’m not camping. I pulled the battery out for the mean time so I don’t degrade thebattery with multiple charge cycles.

This cooler got through 3 days of camping without charging it but I have to admit the nights were at 40 degrees and day highs were 70.

one bad thing so far I see is thefridge seal sits on the bumpy finish polymer. I canonly imagine the coldair will seep out.

ecoflow has a pretty cool frige like anker that also has a ice maker which is wild. Honestly I think I can live without the ice on camping trips but if needed the anker cooler can be set at 0 degrees.

cycle pwr draw is about 30 watts. I timed the compressor cycle in my 80 degree garage , 4 times an hour for a 5 minute duration each cycle. This is when it’s set at 32 degrees. It seems to have an temp discrepancy of 5 degrees. So it’s more like it is set at 37.

Last edited:
Reactions: CafeRoaster

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Was looking for a forum on this cooler to see if anybody has some good hacks on it.

I have the 40L and love it. The battery is removable. Right now it’s plugged in my garage keeping my beers cold while I’m not camping. I pulled the battery out for the mean time so I don’t degrade thebattery with multiple charge cycles.

This cooler got through 3 days of camping without charging it but I have to admit the nights were at 40 degrees and day highs were 70.

one bad thing so far I see is thefridge seal sits on the bumpy finish polymer. I canonly imagine the coldair will seep out.

ecoflow has a pretty cool frige like anker that also has a ice maker which is wild. Honestly I think I can live without the ice on camping trips but if needed the anker cooler can be set at 0 degrees.

cycle pwr draw is about 30 watts. I timed the compressor cycle in my 80 degree garage , 4 times an hour for a 5 minute duration each cycle. This is when it’s set at 32 degrees. It seems to have an temp discrepancy of 5 degrees. So it’s more like it is set at 37.
Have you checked out the Facebook Group? It's pretty active.

I have the 30. I put it in my FJ for two days with 5x 16-oz cans in it, and it kept them at 40 without a charge, no problem. Battery was at 60% at the end of the second day.