What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Got the basket up there. Threw a tire in it (full size spare on wishlist) Not enough daylight to install the awning as we have to drill thru our tent floor. Also installed new locks on the canopy, the only working old one was a big old pain in the ass to use. Tonight we are probably slapping our OB emblem on.
Tomorrow day trip and highway test.
OB# 3367IMG_0737.JPGIMG_0739.JPG

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Found a killer deal an a nearly new (uninstalled, but a few years old) RAMSEY QM8000. $500 never left my hands so easily.

I know they're slow, but I've read they are a workhorse and RAMSEY's customer service is a pleasure to deal with.

Now I gotta get my front hitch ordered and put into place.

-CP TACO
OB #3276

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Thank you
No worries, but just FYI as you can see from my avatar, I do not own a Taco, but an Xterra. I remember seeing this video linked from my video on youtube about my ARB CKMTA12 compressor. So I do not know what it takes to install in this location but looking at google, several have done it. The CKMA is alot easier to install than the dual motor compressor I have and it is still great. I have installed a few on friends trucks and trailers since installing mine. We had a guy at work who had a flat in the parking lot last week. Security was there with one of those air tanks and they were not having success. So I backed in my X, opened her up and started filling. But it was slow going after a minute I was like, something is wrong, I can see a difference in my 33s in this amount of time, I released the trigger and it reported 25 PSI and was falling a few PSI every second, Searched around the tire and found a large split in the tread area, so these compressors can put air in faster than it can come out, believe me. We ended up tossing on his spare and he ended up having to buy a new tire since it could not be repaired due to the size of the split.

Mine is installed in the rear of my X off of a bracket I built bolted to my interior Garvin rack. This put it out of the way, fully exposed if needed, and easy to access. I was hesitant buying it due to the cost and was seriously thinking of the smaller CKMA12 but I'm glad in the end how this turned out. Plus I bought it for the cheapest I had ever seen it for. Back in the fall of 2014, I seen them on amazon market place for mid 430ish, and was like, wow, thats 100 less than Amazon, still free shipping just not 2 day prime. Then on Dec 5th it dropped to 423. I bought, then next time I looked a few days later it was 429, the next day 435 or so. Cant beat it at that price. The same company had the CKMA12 at like 220/230. Which is a deal for what they go for now.

My clip, completely unrehearsed but it get the point across.

Thanks! How do you like yours?

-CP TACO
OB #3276
I have only used it once, and like everyone says, you will find you will always use it on others rather than a self recovery. But it works. It was my first time winching so I was a little nervous But they had nothing and had been stuck on the side of the hill for the last few hours, the kid with dad looked at me like I was god when their truck was on the road again. I think dad was prep talking the kid for a camp out in the cab of the Tacoma before I came around the bend, and the kid was not sure about that idea either. Their camp was just 3 miles down the road just next to where I was already camping, and I was scoping out a camp I found the year earlier when up there when I seen several tents in this stand of large trees in a recessed little depression, my daughter calls this are pixie hollow since it reminds her of tinker bells movie. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cascade+Springs/@40.5285559,-111.5855455,290m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x6d4aa192cd21b772!8m2!3d40.4584091!4d-111.5489239

The campground is where "google" has the watermark in the opening at the middle bottom of the page. This little trail (follow the dirt path not the highlight from google, it runs right to the curve not the straight they are showing) runs from the dirt road to this depression which is about 60 ft lower elevation than the road. When you first come off there is a little ditch you run thru then down a decent trail. Don't know what happened but on his way up he hit the ditch swerved left and this front dropped down the hill. I could not get around him to pull him out, and off the front my 30ft straps were not able to extend before I was out of road on the curve, so I backed up the hill and hooked up and got him out. If anyone is out near Tibble fork reservoir, this is a fun little drive and this area is fun and a great place to camp, as not many make down here, seen a lot of people on the main trail following the river, but once I turned onto this road, they were the only other people I see till I got near the little deer creek campground (which has running water, is never full, off of a easy to drive dirt road, and is cheap), its one place I know my girlfriend does not mind going.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I made a holder for my speedmaster traction boards. I had a license plate relocation bracket I got with a AEV bumper and tire carrier I bought. ($150!) I usually have some steel laying around, so I don't have much into it. I can put a cable lock through the boards and the washer I burned on. I will alsi put a padlock in the hole that connects the two together. I also painted the brackets I made the my limb risers. Now I just have to put the trasharoo back on.

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Glenn and 9Mike2

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Ordered an Aiden James Customs ARQ 270 Degree Awning in beige for the Jeep GC; beige with black cover case.

Installed Coverking seat covers in the Jeep and truck. New pet hammock in the Jeep for the muttley.
Okay, as if my wallet does not hate me enough already... I thinking Im going to guinea pig this one with you. Hell for this price, who cares. I just emailed them and Aiden replies back 20 minutes later, after 6PM, not many do that. So customer service is kick ass in support already. I had a question about how blue is the blue as I already have a Tepui Autana tent that has a blue rain fly and was curious the color match before I just went with black. He replied with this..... And now image it wrapped around the other side of this... Im digging it.

The word is spreading about these. I was told that I was probably the first one to buy them through aidenjamescustoms.com I am hoping they live up to what they look like they will. As far as wind, I have been told they hold up fine to gusts and there are spots and straps for tying the awning down. That being said I would not put any awning out in a bunch of wind anyway so I'm not too terribly worried about how it will perform in windy situations.

At any rate, to add to this thread, I didn't do a lot to the truck but I did pull of the cables to both batteries and clean the terminals up. Fires up quick now!

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Officially traded in the H3 for our 2017 4Runner TRD offroad today since it arrived at the dealership.

Already ordered the emblem blackout kit, full length Baja Rack and a few interior covers for the dogs to protect the seats. I'll also be starting a new build thread in a few days. I also have to put one of the most important mods on, the OB emblem from the H3.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

The word is spreading about these. I was told that I was probably the first one to buy them through aidenjamescustoms.com I am hoping they live up to what they look like they will. As far as wind, I have been told they hold up fine to gusts and there are spots and straps for tying the awning down. That being said I would not put any awning out in a bunch of wind anyway so I'm not too terribly worried about how it will perform in windy situations.

At any rate, to add to this thread, I didn't do a lot to the truck but I did pull of the cables to both batteries and clean the terminals up. Fires up quick now!

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
I bet, for those prices, that is awesome. Im looking forward to mine. Let us know when you get yours and what you think, but I think they will be fine.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Did a little install on the Jeep Saturday with the rear led pods. Hopefully it will be more than enough lights for the rear, but if not I still have three other free switches on the Spod to work with. And a little testing at night with the boys making shadow figures I think it's bright enough for now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: