Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
OK, this is cheating a little bit since i didn't do this "today" but instead "last week" but i regeared my (manual trans) JKUR from 4.10 to 4.88 finally. It was a good experience, i went in kinda scared since i've always heard its super hard, requires special tools, yadda yadda yadda. The hardest part was chasing down the damn outer pinion bearing for the front, hah. The only tool i needed to buy that i didn't already have was a clamshell bearing puller. I could have cut the old ones off with a dremel since i was replacing them anyway, but it was WAY easier to get them off with the tool anyway. literally takes like 5 seconds to pull them off with it.
Nice work on the pinion landings...

Reactions: brien

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
OK, this is cheating a little bit since i didn't do this "today" but instead "last week" but i regeared my (manual trans) JKUR from 4.10 to 4.88 finally. It was a good experience, i went in kinda scared since i've always heard its super hard, requires special tools, yadda yadda yadda. The hardest part was chasing down the damn outer pinion bearing for the front, hah. The only tool i needed to buy that i didn't already have was a clamshell bearing puller. I could have cut the old ones off with a dremel since i was replacing them anyway, but it was WAY easier to get them off with the tool anyway. literally takes like 5 seconds to pull them off with it.
Nicely done! I'm not sure I have the cohones to tackle something like that, so good on you for getting in there!

Reactions: DaleRF

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
i'm on a roll with the jeep lately, i almost feel... dare i say it... productive!
This morning i finally tackled the P0016 code that I've been ignoring for an embarrassing amount of time. It was as simple as swapping out my Bank 1 (LHD passenger side) cam position sensor and then resetting the ECU. $35 and about 15 minutes, another one of those "jeesh, that was super easy, why didn't i just do that sooner?" scenarios.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
i'm on a roll with the jeep lately, i almost feel... dare i say it... productive!
This morning i finally tackled the P0016 code that I've been ignoring for an embarrassing amount of time. It was as simple as swapping out my Bank 1 (LHD passenger side) cam position sensor and then resetting the ECU. $35 and about 15 minutes, another one of those "jeesh, that was super easy, why didn't i just do that sooner?" scenarios.
Glad it didn't go in the other direction and take days & a lot of $$!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Glad it didn't go in the other direction and take days & a lot of $$!
yeah, i was worried because some of my googling brought up like totally cracked apart flywheels and stuff :fearful:. mine had never gotten bad enough to go into limp mode or anything so i was hopeful it was just a sensor or dirty connector

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
S
yeah, i was worried because some of my googling brought up like totally cracked apart flywheels and stuff :fearful:. mine had never gotten bad enough to go into limp mode or anything so i was hopeful it was just a sensor or dirty connector
Sweet!

Reactions: brien

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I love it when it's a cheap fix! I started spewing trans fluid out of the radiator a few weeks ago. $10 worth of hose clamps, and a few hours later, and Gamora was all patched up. So I feel ya!

Reactions: brien and DaleRF

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not today but defiantly tomorrow.

Well it’s time for the Genesis duel battery system. Got to stop relying on the Wagan Tech iOnBoost V10 TORQUE jump starter. On our last trip it started the jeep four times and still had half of its power left, incredible tool.
IMG_0895.JPG

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Well it’s time for the Genesis duel battery system. Got to stop relying on the Wagan Tech iOnBoost V10 TORQUE jump starter. On our last trip it started the jeep four times and still had half of its power left, incredible tool.
View attachment 246100
YES! I love that WAGAN V10 bad boy. It cranks my 6.7L Diesel no problem! It's a great product...I even bought two smaller WAGAN's for the two Hondas.
Have fun with that Genesis install.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 246100
YES! I love that WAGAN V10 bad boy. It cranks my 6.7L Diesel no problem! It's a great product...I even bought two smaller WAGAN's for the two Hondas.
Have fun with that Genesis install.
Not looking forward to it

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

View attachment 246100
I love the way I have the battery set up in my X.

I have a 20A dc-dc charger built into my lifepo4 battery box. The charger has three input wires.

1. DC In (+)
  2. Ground (-)
  3. Ignition (on signal)
I have a 2 pin 120A anderson plug coming out from under the front passenger seat, plus an ignition triggered wire on a power pole connector.

I also have a 120A anderson connector coming out of the battery box.

When the battery is in the X, I connect the anderson connector and ignition source coming out of the seat to the battery. This goes to the DC charger, which then charges the battery. I then connect the battery out to my electrical system using the anderson output on the battery box.

When the battery is connected to the trailer, I have the exact same setup. I use a 3 pin 120A anderson connector on the bumper to connect to the DC charger in the battery when it's in the trailer.

I then hook the anderson connector under the seat directly to the input for the aux electrical system.

I've been using this setup for a few months now, and it works beautifully.

Reactions: Shahn

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Ordered/installed some new tires. Definitely feels better and I think it looks significantly better. Went with the stock size for now as I don't plan on doing too high of a suspension lift and not for a few months. Still needs to be a daily driver, family hauler, and grocery runner (I may happen to go through a few puddles and small trails on the way to the stores).

View attachment 245918
Ya, reality ha a way of getting in the way of everything

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO

well dang, check engine light popped back on this morning :sob: