San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Thought I fixed the leak last week when I noticed coolant around the upper hose connection with the thermostat housing. Turns out it was a little bit more. New water pump and fan clutch, new thermostat and hoses.

Attachments

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Fabricated the middle part, hung the light. Going to take a few days off and rest, then take it all apart for paint and final assembly. I'm a tired old man.
This whole thing is off at least a half a inch so I'll get it straight when I final assemble. You have no idea how heavy and awkward this crap is. LMAO.
Zim
IMG-1836.JPG

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Fabricated the middle part, hung the light. Going to take a few days off and rest, then take it all apart for paint and final assembly. I'm a tired old man.
This whole thing is off at least a half a inch so I'll get it straight when I final assemble. You have no idea how heavy and awkward this crap is. LMAO.
Zim
View attachment 226185
HA Yeah I can imagine that is not easy to move around, but the final work will be amazing from what you've show so far! I'm eagerly waiting for your final reveal!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Trying to polish the headlights. Starting to fade pretty bad on the top.
I tried that, and the first couple of times, they came out pretty good. However, the fix would not last to long. I tried varying products in the hope of realizing success. I finally went to amazon where their was some aftermarket replacements. For the price, it was something I should have done years before. Given 16+ years, it was well worth it. Clarity once more. very noticeable distance improvement at night.

For the classic 2001-2006.5 year truck generation GM had engineered those quick pull pins that made removing headlight and running lamp's a snap. EASY-PEZZIE! It also made changing burned out bulbs very quick. From my understanding they went back to the older, more intense labor design in the newer generations.:dizzy:

PS.........I had tried 3 brands of remover plus the toothpaste method, non really had satisfactory results.

Reactions: Shahn and JacksonRL

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I tried that, and the first couple of times, they came out pretty good. However, the fix would not last to long. I tried varying products in the hope of realizing success. I finally went to amazon where their was some aftermarket replacements. For the price, it was something I should have done years before. Given 16+ years, it was well worth it. Clarity once more. very noticeable distance improvement at night.

For the classic 2001-2006.5 year truck generation GM had engineered those quick pull pins that made removing headlight and running lamp's a snap. EASY-PEZZIE! It also made changing burned out bulbs very quick. From my understanding they went back to the older, more intense labor design in the newer generations.:dizzy:

PS.........I had tried 3 brands of remover plus the toothpaste method, non really had satisfactory results.
I've had excellent results with headlights by wet sanding with 800 grit, 1000 grit, 1500 grit, then cleaning with iso alcohol. And the last step is to spray with automotive 2k clear coat.

Started like this.
20130915_132314.jpg

And after 6 years they still look like this.
20130915_164115.jpg

Jariners

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Added a fridge slide to my F150, converted my Hard Korr LED and fridge to use Anderson plugs, hardwired an Anderson power distribution (with included fuses!) direct to battery. I wanted to have Anderson plugs for secure connections and found this great power distribution block with included fuses. Previously I was going to have to run a lot more wires from a fuse box.

Next step is installing my solar to keep the battery topped off, it’s just too cold to mount it currently.
Ok you cant dangle sweet things like that fused block in front of use and use not want to know where you got that.

Jim

Lots and lots of research led me to this brand and I wanted this one so that the plugs went in horizontal. Extra bonus it came with the extra fittings so I didn’t need to buy those. Compared to a fuse block ($35), 12v outlets ($35 for four), and a mess of wires/mounting, I was stoked to find this. They have several that are fewer outputs, but this one gives me flexibility for the future. And I can still wire in temporary 12v outlets/usb if I want but they are more secure.

Chunzehui F-1008 Horizontal 9 Port 40A Connector Power Splitter Distributor Source Strip, 1 Input and 8 Output.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn and Jim SoG

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Made a “poor man’s” refrigerator slide out of a piece of HDPE material similar to cutting board plastic. Makes moving the fridge on my Decked system much easier and rests on the tailgate similar to a tilting slide. I had slots cut into the material so the fridge may be tied down like a regular tilting slide. A single limiting strap at the back keeps the fridge from passing a predetermined spot. A $75.00 commitment vs $350-500 for now.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
HA Yeah I can imagine that is not easy to move around, but the final work will be amazing from what you've show so far! I'm eagerly waiting for your final reveal!
I'm $599 short. Harbor Freight said they are no longer sponsoring anyone so I'll have a gapping hole there in the middle until my drug deals come through. Ahahahahahahahahha.
Thanks Shahn.
Zim

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I'm $599 short. Harbor Freight said they are no longer sponsoring anyone so I'll have a gapping hole there in the middle until my drug deals come through. Ahahahahahahahahha.
Thanks Shahn.
Zim
pssst... hey Zim, send me a price list :laughing:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
pssst... hey Zim, send me a price list :laughing:
Metal prices vary. I went to a metal supplier and got end cuts that I could use. Sold by the pound. Eighth inch, I'm in for $300
Brush guard was $750
14" light bar was $65
2 Amazon light pods were very very very cheap $28
So the $3000 bumper will cost me just over a Thousand.
Badlands winch is $599 and is badass. I think it's the same winch that Matt's off road recovery and Fab Rats uses. Dirt lifestyle just bought one.
Zim