Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Got a little upgrade install party this weekend with the boy on the jeep!!! 2 out of the 4 parts have come in already and hopefully the rest comes this Friday. I wanted to upgrade the jeep battery with the dual battery genesis kit, for two odyssey batteries, and picked up the snomaster CL56D dual zone fridge/freezer. This is definitely going to be a game changer for the jeep and for us as well! will most likely be redoing my rear storage set up to accommodate the fridge better

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Zeroviz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wayne, NJ
First Name
John
Last Name
St. Denis
Member #

What cases are those? I really like your setup!

Jim
I got the boxes at Lowes, They are Craftsman 29.25- in Plastic Lockable wheeled tool box, Model CMST24800 (30"L x 20.25"H x 17"W). I had too stay under 17" to fit under my cover, they also have rubber gasket to seal them. Cost $45.oo ea.

DawgRaider

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morton
Member #

I finally got around to putting on new shoes. After alot of research I found that there are alot of great tires out there and you just have to jump in. I went with General Grabber A/Tx. So far I really enjoy the ride over my big mudders I took off and the mileage gain is a plus also. We shall see when winter comes and mountain slop.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I installed AutoSpring 1" - 1.5" add-a-leafs. With the weight of our camping gear and bikes the rear of the truck would sag enough to aim my headlights too high and I got tired of adjusting them everytime we went camping. The payload on this truck is the highest in its class but you still lose a couple of inches in height when loaded down.

The AALs "increase load capacity" by 750lbs so while that doesn't increase my total load capacity (1,528lbs), it will help reduce the squatting when under load.

I left the 1" Silverado lift blocks in to see how much rake I'd have. They are easy to remove if I don't like the look. With the RTT, rack and traction boards there's a decent amount of rake and I'm ok with that. I prefer some rake to no rake but we'll see how much the rear comes up without the RTT mounted. Now if I could only stomach the idea of getting new UCAs and lift the front a little more, then larger tires....

With about 220lbs or so on the rear. Camping gear and bikes adds about 300lbs or more.

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I installed AutoSpring 1" - 1.5" add-a-leafs. With the weight of our camping gear and bikes the rear of the truck would sag enough to aim my headlights too high and I got tired of adjusting them everytime we went camping. The payload on this truck is the highest in its class but you still lose a couple of inches in height when loaded down.

The AALs "increase load capacity" by 750lbs so while that doesn't increase my total load capacity (1,528lbs), it will help reduce the squatting when under load.

I left the 1" Silverado lift blocks in to see how much rake I'd have. They are easy to remove if I don't like the look. With the RTT, rack and traction boards there's a decent amount of rake and I'm ok with that. I prefer some rake to no rake but we'll see how much the rear comes up without the RTT mounted. Now if I could only stomach the idea of getting new UCAs and lift the front a little more, then larger tires....

With about 220lbs or so on the rear. Camping gear and bikes adds about 300lbs or more.
Now lift the front. There's no going back. ;)

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
One of the things I love about my area of Arizona is I am a block off the Colorado river, surrounded by mountains and trails, Kingman is 30-40 minutes away and the Hualapai Mountains are maybe an hour, decided to take a few trails into the Haulapais, light 4x4IMG_1661.jpeg IMG_1662.jpeg IMG_1663.jpeg IMG_1633.jpeg ing and enjoy the 6800 ft elevation:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I replaced both O2 sensors this afternoon after it threw a code on and off since we got the truck a couple of months ago... I broke one O2 sensor bolt off...:astonished:

Going to have to take a trip to the muffler shop next week.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

George Elsaesser

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
George
Last Name
Elsaesser
Member #

Zeroviz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wayne, NJ
First Name
John
Last Name
St. Denis
Member #

Im leaving for Utah in 4 weeks. Going to hit 5 NP over 14 days, including White Rim Trails 100 mile off-road through Canyon-lands NP.
Toady I started test/inspect and dry fit all my gear.......

Finally managed to find 3 containers that fit under my Tacoma stock bed cover.....Box 1 Kitchen, Box 2 Dry Goods, Ozark 52gal Cooler and Box 3 Recovery Gear. Left side next to cooler are 2 folding chairs a folding table.

My Hi Lift Jack is mounted passenger side, Axe & Shovel are mounted on drivers side inside bed over wheel wells under bed cover (for security).

Tested my DIY Road Shower, @15psi i did not like the pressure that i was getting from the head so i decided to add 12v marine water pump.

Installed bed rack and aired out RTT

Still waiting on RotopaX 4gal fuel cell and 2 Two gal white water cells to mount on bed rack.

Updated DIY Road Shower today....added 12v mini pump and QD multi function shower head
IMG_3026.jpgIMG_3025.jpgIMG_3027.jpg

View attachment 69813 View attachment 69814 View attachment 69815 View attachment 69816 View attachment 69817