Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

View attachment 67837 Added a rotopax Mount to the ol’ tailgate table.
This is genius. Now all you need is a spigot that screws into the rotopax spout and you're away to the races.

Apparently I can't link to Amazon on here, which is weird, but I found a relatively affordable one designed for rotopax on there, and there's more than one way to skin a cat ;)
spigot.jpg

Last edited:

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Good job keeping the wiring clean. I personally think it is one of the most overlooked part of the install and critical for any repairs made in the bush.Just curious however, what are all the switches for? No labels?
Haha it’s all going to be by memory. I had the room for 12 so I figured why now just do it all at once. Currently I just have the top left one wired to an accessory, the rock lights.

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I tried some Balancing Beads for my 35 inch Maxxis tires. I thought I would give them a try. Here is what I did not realize. The beads do not account for latteral (sidewall) balancing. So it is buttery smooth up until 45. However 45 to 55 you get a very obvious wobble in the wheel. I tried up until about 70 and back to buttery smooth. I am a bit dissapointed. Any suggestions let me know. Including go back to weights.... Let it fly

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Drilled into my a-pillar and permanently mounted my snorkel bracket. Not super happy with it either. Wanted to use riv nuts but my makeshift rivnut tool didn’t work, so I used 2 large sheet metal screws. And VHB 3m tape, and a good amount of caulk around the holes. It shouldn’t leak, but I’m going to go back and do proper riv-nuts and caulk later on.

Also installed my rear diff breather extension, super easy little job. Took 20 minutes.

Also drained and filled my rear diff, for all I know for the first time in this vehicles 200K miles. Oil was black but not muddy or sludgey so no worries there. And my plugs weren’t seized, so it was an easy job.

Tomorrow I’m doing transfer case and front diff, and poking around to see if I can find my transmission and transfer case breathers, to extend those too.

Also did an oil and filter change, brake light bulbs and adjusted tire pressure on my wife’s Fiat 500L. Traction boards under the front tires lift the front just enough to get easy access underneath. IMG_2020.jpg

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Here’s the 1st part complete removed the factory hitch and installed the frame extensions along with the hide a hitch between the frame rails can you see the difference [emoji848]
IMG_7624.JPGIMG_7625.JPGIMG_7626.JPG

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Paul Varese

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Before I had breakfast or coffee this morning, I urgently needed to know how far up the wheel wells the tires would go if I disconnected the front sway bar on my '02 Grand Cherokee. So I disconnected it. I thought about maybe slowly rolling one wheel up on top of a stump to flex the axle and then get out and check for clearance. But then I just gave it some gas and rammed my right front wheel up a steep embankment. There was some loud crunching and popping and one ping before I stopped. I watched my left front spring go rolling down the dirt road. After I backed down the hill, I could see that I managed to roll my fender a little bit. Also, all the metal parts that had been protruding inside the wheel well were no longer protruding. Yay! So, if I want to run disconnected, I see I'm going to have to trim a couple inches off my fenders. I might also have to lengthen the bump stops to prevent the tires from bottoming out inside the wheel wells once the fenders are out of the way. I lifted one side of the rig using a hi-lift under the rock rail, gingerly placed the spring onto the perch and lowered it back down. Took no more than 2 minutes. So, I guess that was a good thing to practice at home. Installing spring retainers tomorrow. Cutting fenders as soon as I find the time and some courage. Just realized I never had my coffee today.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Before I had breakfast or coffee this morning, I urgently needed to know how far up the wheel wells the tires would go if I disconnected the front sway bar on my '02 Grand Cherokee. So I disconnected it. I thought about maybe slowly rolling one wheel up on top of a stump to flex the axle and then get out and check for clearance. But then I just gave it some gas and rammed my right front wheel up a steep embankment. There was some loud crunching and popping and one ping before I stopped. I watched my left front spring go rolling down the dirt road. After I backed down the hill, I could see that I managed to roll my fender a little bit. Also, all the metal parts that had been protruding inside the wheel well were no longer protruding. Yay! So, if I want to run disconnected, I see I'm going to have to trim a couple inches off my fenders. I might also have to lengthen the bump stops to prevent the tires from bottoming out inside the wheel wells once the fenders are out of the way. I lifted one side of the rig using a hi-lift under the rock rail, gingerly placed the spring onto the perch and lowered it back down. Took no more than 2 minutes. So, I guess that was a good thing to practice at home. Installing spring retainers tomorrow. Cutting fenders as soon as I find the time and some courage. Just realized I never had my coffee today.
This is what I did with mine. IMG_7087.jpgIMG_5321.JPG

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Howdy all,

We’re just baselining a 97 4Runner getting ready for a trip this fall. Today we took care of some little issues. Changed front and rear diff fluid, oil change, changed the transfer case fluid. We also replaced a broken sway bar end link and fixed a busted passenger side door handle linkage. Man that was a pain... until we figured out you can just zip-tie it together.